Monday, March 10, 2008
Will You Still Be Gaming When You're Old And Gray?
I'll be 36 years old in September. I don't feel old. That's because I'm not old. I really do believe the saying "You're Only As Old As You Feel". On some days I feel old physically mostly because my job takes a toll on my body. I do exercise regularly, so I usually feel good, but I do have aches and pains now and then. Mentally I feel really young. I'm young at heart. Maybe that's why I still enjoy gaming. Most people my mother's age look at video games as something kids play. Anyone reading this blog probably knows that's not true. If anything games are geared more towards adults these days.
A while ago I wondered if in 20 years I'd still be gaming. Of course I say yes right now, but people's tastes and hobbies can and do change. 20 years ago I enjoyed skate boarding and did it every day. I can't exactly see myself totally giving gaming up, but after time I figure my mnind and motor skills won't be as sharp as they are right now. I figure I'm average at best when it comes to first person shooters right now. I figure when I'm pushing 60 my reaction time won't be nearly as good as it is right now. I also think that I was better at games in my teens and 20's. Either my skill level has dropped or games have gotten harder. I may just end up being one of those gamers who play a ton of casual games. God forbid! At any rate I'll keep playing as long as I'm having fun. I can see myself playing well into my 70's as long as my eye sight holds up.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Decent Video Game Dry Spell Coming?
- Random Thoughts Re-Revisited The $5.98 EP
- My Top 5 Johnny Depp Performances
- John Cusack Rocks
- SERENITY NOW!!!
- NHL 08 Is Easily The Best NHL Game I've Played Yet...
- Local Co-op/Multiplayer A Thing Of The Past?
- Rainbow Six Vegas Is My Type Of Shooter
- Yet Another Reason Why My Woman Rules!
- 10 Things That Every Kid Growing Up In The 80's Ha...
- Do I Need To Go Back And Watch The Matrix?
- Favorite Cereals From The 80's
- Pacman, The Time Killer
- Two Top 20 Lists That Would Make Me Buy Rock Band
- Nagging Wives vs Gaming Husbands
- Will You Still Be Gaming When You're Old And Gray?...
- The Best Video Games For My Money
- Two Totally Different Games Both Fun For Different...
- Graphics & Gameplay
- Another Entry Of Random Thoughts
- Worst Games I've Played On The Xbox 360
- GameStop N' Go Because We Don't Have New Releases ...
- Ramblings Of A Gamer
- I'm A Loner Gamer
- Oh No Not A Gay Achievement!
- ▼ March (27)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!