Friday, March 7, 2008
Graphics & Gameplay
How big of a role do graphics play when you plan on buying a game? These days with "next gen" consoles it seems like there is a big emphasis on graphics. I must admit that graphics do factor into my decision on whether I purchase a game or not. I don't base my entire decision on it, but I must admit that it does matter to me. Over and over again I hear gamers talk about it being about the gameplay and not the graphics, but is that entirely true? I don't think it is. Obviously I don't want a crappy game with great graphics. Gameplay does matter, but so do good graphics. I want a game that looks as realistic as possible or at least cartoonish with smooth graphics. Console games have come a long way since the NES and Sega Genesis. The gameplay was there for a lot of games, but I was always wanting a better graphical presentation. I basically want the whole package. I think that anybody who says it's only gameplay that matters and not graphics is kidding themselves.
These days there are quite a few games that contain both elements. Gears Of War comes to mind right away. Gears is a beautiful game that also has some damn fine gameplay. It was a bit short for my liking, but still awesome. There are quite a few FPS that got it right. Rainbow Six Vegas also falls into this category as well as GRAW2, COD2, and COD4. I can't even imagine how realistic FPS will be in the next generation of consoles, and I can't wait either!
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Decent Video Game Dry Spell Coming?
- Random Thoughts Re-Revisited The $5.98 EP
- My Top 5 Johnny Depp Performances
- John Cusack Rocks
- SERENITY NOW!!!
- NHL 08 Is Easily The Best NHL Game I've Played Yet...
- Local Co-op/Multiplayer A Thing Of The Past?
- Rainbow Six Vegas Is My Type Of Shooter
- Yet Another Reason Why My Woman Rules!
- 10 Things That Every Kid Growing Up In The 80's Ha...
- Do I Need To Go Back And Watch The Matrix?
- Favorite Cereals From The 80's
- Pacman, The Time Killer
- Two Top 20 Lists That Would Make Me Buy Rock Band
- Nagging Wives vs Gaming Husbands
- Will You Still Be Gaming When You're Old And Gray?...
- The Best Video Games For My Money
- Two Totally Different Games Both Fun For Different...
- Graphics & Gameplay
- Another Entry Of Random Thoughts
- Worst Games I've Played On The Xbox 360
- GameStop N' Go Because We Don't Have New Releases ...
- Ramblings Of A Gamer
- I'm A Loner Gamer
- Oh No Not A Gay Achievement!
- ▼ March (27)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!