Sunday, March 9, 2008
Two Totally Different Games Both Fun For Different Reasons
Today I picked up MLB 08: The Show for the PS3. I played it online with an internet friend (Repro). It was a fun game, but man the pitching was a pain in the royal ass to figure out. I had never played. Needless to say I got smoked. I haven't exactly played a lot of baseball video games, but this one was quite difficult. It's not like the baseball games I've played in the past where pitching is simple and knocking a ball out of the park is easy as can be. I had a hell of a time throwing strikes. I guess I'll just have to practice a lot. The funnest part of the game was getting hit by pitches. It was a riot to watch my player fall to the ground dramatically.
Next up I played Army Of Two for the Xbox 360. I found myself totally immersed in this game. It's totally built around co-op, so I need to play with someone online. I had read that the single player campaign was average, but man I'm having a blast playing it. It's an above average shooter in my opinion. The graphics are really good and the gameplay is great. Sometimes the AI of enemies is retarded. Twice during the game I had an enemy not even know I was there to shoot him in the head. Also during one mission my partner got stuck under a platform. What sucked is that I needed him, so I could flank an enemy that has to be shot in the back to be killed. I had to restart from the last checkpoint. No big deal really, but it was irritating. Another plus is that I ended up with 155 achievement points after a few hours of playing. I'm just hoping that this isn't one of those games I'm going to be able to beat in 6 or 7 hours. I will be playing again though after I finish it because I want to finish this game on co-op.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Decent Video Game Dry Spell Coming?
- Random Thoughts Re-Revisited The $5.98 EP
- My Top 5 Johnny Depp Performances
- John Cusack Rocks
- SERENITY NOW!!!
- NHL 08 Is Easily The Best NHL Game I've Played Yet...
- Local Co-op/Multiplayer A Thing Of The Past?
- Rainbow Six Vegas Is My Type Of Shooter
- Yet Another Reason Why My Woman Rules!
- 10 Things That Every Kid Growing Up In The 80's Ha...
- Do I Need To Go Back And Watch The Matrix?
- Favorite Cereals From The 80's
- Pacman, The Time Killer
- Two Top 20 Lists That Would Make Me Buy Rock Band
- Nagging Wives vs Gaming Husbands
- Will You Still Be Gaming When You're Old And Gray?...
- The Best Video Games For My Money
- Two Totally Different Games Both Fun For Different...
- Graphics & Gameplay
- Another Entry Of Random Thoughts
- Worst Games I've Played On The Xbox 360
- GameStop N' Go Because We Don't Have New Releases ...
- Ramblings Of A Gamer
- I'm A Loner Gamer
- Oh No Not A Gay Achievement!
- ▼ March (27)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!