Tuesday, March 4, 2008
GameStop N' Go Because We Don't Have New Releases On New Release Day
A while ago I pre-ordered God Of War: Chains Of Olympus for the PSP. Today IS DEFINITELY the release date. Well, it is unless you're GameStop. For some strange reason they seem to think that wednesday is the day when new releases hit the shelves. Here is my visit to GameStop today....
Employee: Hi, can I help you?
Me: Yes, I pre-ordered God Of War for the PSP, and I'm here to pick it up as well as a couple of other games.
Employee: That's not out today.
Me: Uhh, isn't this tuesday?
Employee: Yes, but the game ships on tuesday and won't be here untill tomorrow. That's the way it always is.
Me: Well, do you have Bully or Army Of Two?
Employee: Nope, not untill tomorrow. Did you see these dates on the internet?
Me: Yes, I did.
Employee: Games always come out on Wednesdays.
Me: Ok then.
Employee: We'll see you tomorrow then.
I then go look around the store and see that they have like five new copies on the new release shelf for Bully. I then say to myself screw this I'm going to Best Buy. Best Buy is just across the street, and I'm glad to say that I was at least 99% sure that Best would indeed have the games I was looking for. I walk in to Best Buy and sure enough they have both Bully and God Of War in the racks. To this I say IN YOUR FACE GAMESTOP! Best Buy gets my 95 dollars and you do not!
What irritates me is that I am positive I could school this GameStop employee when it comes to current video game news and release dates. This guy acted like I had no idea what I was talking about. I wasn't about to argue with him because that would be idiotic. I'll tell you one thing though when I do go back to Gamestop I'll make it a point of letting him know that I got the games I wanted on the day of release right across the street at Best Buy. I also swear that from this day on I will NEVER pre-order another game from Gamestop. When I pre-order a game I expect it to be in the store on THE day it's released. By the way this is not the first time I've had this problem with Gamestop. I guess I'm the fool for thinking that Gamestop would actually have the games I want on release day. Here's to Best Buy! You actually have the games I want on the day they come out.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Decent Video Game Dry Spell Coming?
- Random Thoughts Re-Revisited The $5.98 EP
- My Top 5 Johnny Depp Performances
- John Cusack Rocks
- SERENITY NOW!!!
- NHL 08 Is Easily The Best NHL Game I've Played Yet...
- Local Co-op/Multiplayer A Thing Of The Past?
- Rainbow Six Vegas Is My Type Of Shooter
- Yet Another Reason Why My Woman Rules!
- 10 Things That Every Kid Growing Up In The 80's Ha...
- Do I Need To Go Back And Watch The Matrix?
- Favorite Cereals From The 80's
- Pacman, The Time Killer
- Two Top 20 Lists That Would Make Me Buy Rock Band
- Nagging Wives vs Gaming Husbands
- Will You Still Be Gaming When You're Old And Gray?...
- The Best Video Games For My Money
- Two Totally Different Games Both Fun For Different...
- Graphics & Gameplay
- Another Entry Of Random Thoughts
- Worst Games I've Played On The Xbox 360
- GameStop N' Go Because We Don't Have New Releases ...
- Ramblings Of A Gamer
- I'm A Loner Gamer
- Oh No Not A Gay Achievement!
- ▼ March (27)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!