Monday, March 3, 2008
I'm A Loner Gamer
The Xbox 360 is known as the complete multi-player experience console because of how great
Xbox Live is. I'm finding more and more that I'm just more of a single player gamer. Video games are an escape for me. It's almost a personal kind of thing that I enjoy doing alone. Anyone who knows me knows that about 95% of the time I like being alone. Basically people bug me. Even people that I like tend to bug me after a while. Playing games on Xbox Live is usually a total downer for me because there are so many assholes playing. Anyone reading this might think that I just had a recent bad experience, but that's not the case at all.
My problem with playing on Xbox Live is that people in general suck. Give an idiot a headset and he's bound to say assinine things to you that he'd never say directly to your face.
I find that people are really brave when they are annonymous gamertags sitting on their sofa hundreds of miles away. You get bad sports, mouthy little kids, cry babies who make excuses as to why they lost a game, people who think everyone wants to hear them sing, idiots who just like to swear for no reason
at all because they think it makes them sound cool, the list goes on and on. I don't feel the need to deal with all of these morons. I play games to have fun and enjoy myself. I don't need the irritation.
Last night I played Resistance: Fall Of Man multi-player without a headset. I couldn't hear anyone, and they couldn't hear me. It was a damn fine experience. It just felt like I was playing against computer AI. I actually played decent as well. When I'm playing Halo 3 or COD4 on Xbox Live with real people it affects my play if I'm playing with jerks. It affects it negatively. Basically
I can't play well when I'm irritated. I just have to question why it is that people have to be
assholes and ruin other people's online experience.
On the flipside I do have fun playing with people I know. The problem is that I don't personally know many people on Xbox Live. I get with a good friend of mine and play and have a great time. We usually chat while we play no matter what we're playing. We do this when we play Halo 3 and don't have to listen to anyone. Co-op is also great with a friend on Xbox Live. I hope more and more games add co-op.
At the end of the day after I get out of work I usually just want to unwind with a good game all alone. That's the way I started gaming, and that's the way I prefer it most of the time. That could change if people online weren't idiots, but somehow I just don't see that changing anytime soon. Untill then I'll just keep playing those single player campaigns and escaping the real world.
Oh, by the way the hot chick in the picture has absolutely nothing to do with this blog entry, but I needed a picture and that seemed like a pretty nice one to put up there.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Decent Video Game Dry Spell Coming?
- Random Thoughts Re-Revisited The $5.98 EP
- My Top 5 Johnny Depp Performances
- John Cusack Rocks
- SERENITY NOW!!!
- NHL 08 Is Easily The Best NHL Game I've Played Yet...
- Local Co-op/Multiplayer A Thing Of The Past?
- Rainbow Six Vegas Is My Type Of Shooter
- Yet Another Reason Why My Woman Rules!
- 10 Things That Every Kid Growing Up In The 80's Ha...
- Do I Need To Go Back And Watch The Matrix?
- Favorite Cereals From The 80's
- Pacman, The Time Killer
- Two Top 20 Lists That Would Make Me Buy Rock Band
- Nagging Wives vs Gaming Husbands
- Will You Still Be Gaming When You're Old And Gray?...
- The Best Video Games For My Money
- Two Totally Different Games Both Fun For Different...
- Graphics & Gameplay
- Another Entry Of Random Thoughts
- Worst Games I've Played On The Xbox 360
- GameStop N' Go Because We Don't Have New Releases ...
- Ramblings Of A Gamer
- I'm A Loner Gamer
- Oh No Not A Gay Achievement!
- ▼ March (27)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!