Sunday, March 9, 2008

The Best Video Games For My Money


There is a lot of talk about whether a game is worth the 60 bucks you pay for it these days. Is it a buy or is it only worth a rent? The days where people are willing to shell out 50 or 60 bucks on a single player game aren't over, but I think less and less people are willing to buy single player games unless they can get a lot of quality hours from it. I'm still one of those people who don't mind paying 60 bucks for a solid single player game. I don't mind that there isn't any online multi-player if the game is solid. For example BioShock and Mass Effect were great games. Both are single player only games. Those games are the exceptions. I'm not a big online multi-player gamer anyway unless I'm playing with a friend. There are exceptions though.

Overall I think the games that I personally get the best value from are sports games. I've been playing the EA NHL series since the first one on the Sega Genesis. I always play a full season as well as the playoffs. You figure the regular season is 82 games and then how ever long you go in the playoffs. That's a lot of gameplay and definitely worth the 60 bucks. It is to me anyway. The same can be said about baseball games as well. I also think that games like Halo 3 and COD 4 are a great value as well. Once you finish the campaign you can go get your ass handed to you on Xbox Live. HaHa Well I generally do anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I play sports games the most. They are the best value for me, plus I get to play them online.



Repro

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews