Sunday, June 1, 2008
Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These Days?
Like any other American I like a good movie. Movies have always been a huge part of entertainment here in America. My problem is that I'm really not being entertained the way I used to be when it comes to movies. They all just seem uninspired and boring. OK, not all of them, but a lot of them seem that way. Have movies changed or have I? Am I just not watching the good ones? I'm also wondering if it has anything at all to do with my age. In the 80's and even part of the 90's it seemed like a ton of good to great movies were being made. Of course I say the same thing about music, so again is it just me? A lot of the time I also have this been there seen that feeling when I watch a movie. It's like all of the best ideas have already been done. It just seems like it takes a lot for a movie to entertain me now. To be fair every year I do see a few good/great films. Maybe I'm just harder to please now. In the 80's life was fresh and new. I hadn't seen everything. Now maybe I'm just older and wiser. I'm certainly older, but wiser? Probably not. Maybe I just have to do now what I used to have to do to find good metal bands. Maybe I have to dig deep into the underground, and forget about all of the mainstream shit movies that bombard me month after month. I believe that Hollywood is on it's last limping severed and bruised leg. I hope I'm wrong.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Three New Games
- My Nephew Rocks!
- You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
- Vacation, Guitar Hero, and Games I Need To Check O...
- One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen Wa...
- Bad Sequels Piss Me Off!
- George, Old Snake, & Brun
- Darth Vader Being A Smart Ass
- The Crappening
- A Game That Is So Bad That It's Good
- Phil's Famous Movie Reviews Blog
- Initial Thoughts On MGS4
- I got nothin'
- I Gotta Be Me
- So Much For Waiting To Buy Another Game
- Greg Miller FTW!!!
- Top 5 Most Underrated Xbox 360 Games That Every 36...
- The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
- Random Gibberish
- Thoughts On Some New Games
- The Best Books Ever
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 3
- Guess What Game Is Consuming My Gaming Life
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 2
- Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These ...
- ▼ June (25)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!