Saturday, June 7, 2008
Thoughts On Some New Games
Sooner or later I'm going to finish playing GTA4. I'm going to need a game to play. I have plenty that I could go back to and finish, but I feel like I need to go out and grab a new game or two. There are actually quite a few that have me interested.
Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3) - Chances are I'm going to buy this at some point. I'm not sure if I'm going to buy it on the 12th of this month or not, but I will pick it up. I own Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons Of Liberty, but never finished it. It was good, but I got to one section of the game that royally pissed me off, so I stopped playing.
GRID (Xbox 360) - I already own Forza 2, PGR3, PGR4, and Burnout Paradise. GRID is getting really good reviews, but do I really need another racer? Probably not...
Lego Indiana Jones (Xbox 360) I've played through all of the Lego Star Wars games, and had a bunch of fun playing co-op. I really want this game, but I'm thinking it's a rent and not a buy.
Ninja Gaiden 2 (Xbox 360) Not buying it. I probably won't even rent it. I'm just not into this type of button mashing fighting game. I own Devil May Cry 4 already, and I will probably trade that in for another game.
Dark Sector (Xbox 360) I may go pick this one up used for cheap. I generally like these b grade shooters. They are kinda arcadey and not all that hardcore like COD4 or even Halo 3. I may just rent this because I'm sure I could finish it in 6 or 7 hours.
Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (Xbox 360) Eh, not interested. It only has multiplayer. I need both a single player campaign and a multiplayer mode. I'll pass.
Haze (PS3) I'll pick this up when it's like 10 bucks! LOL Even then I might have to think twice about it. This game is getting bad reviews. When you read as many bad reviews about this game as I have you tend to believe that the game is crap.
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness (Xbox Live Arcade) I think I'm going to have to pass on this. I'm not paying 20 bucks for a live arcade game. I don't even read the comics, so I really have no interest in this game.
NASCAR 09 (X360, PS3) I'll admit I'm interested, but I'm expecting this to suck. It's probably a rent.
Don King Presents: Prizefighter (X360) If I want to play a boxing game I'll play Fight Night Round 3 because it's the best boxing game ever created!
Battlefield: Bad Company (X360, PS3) I should download the demo. I really hate demos though. I have no opinion on this game because I don't know much about it.
Alone in the Dark (X360) This I'm interested in enough to probably buy.
Command & Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (X360) This is supposed to be a 40 dollar game, but even at that price I probably won't buy it. I still haven't finished all the missions in the first C&C game that hit the 360.
Lots of games, but few that I'm willing to spend 60 bucks on. I'm getting cheaper when it comes to blowing money on games. A lot of games just aren't worth 60 bucks to me.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Three New Games
- My Nephew Rocks!
- You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
- Vacation, Guitar Hero, and Games I Need To Check O...
- One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen Wa...
- Bad Sequels Piss Me Off!
- George, Old Snake, & Brun
- Darth Vader Being A Smart Ass
- The Crappening
- A Game That Is So Bad That It's Good
- Phil's Famous Movie Reviews Blog
- Initial Thoughts On MGS4
- I got nothin'
- I Gotta Be Me
- So Much For Waiting To Buy Another Game
- Greg Miller FTW!!!
- Top 5 Most Underrated Xbox 360 Games That Every 36...
- The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
- Random Gibberish
- Thoughts On Some New Games
- The Best Books Ever
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 3
- Guess What Game Is Consuming My Gaming Life
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 2
- Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These ...
- ▼ June (25)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!