Monday, June 9, 2008
The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
Yep, that's right, Hall & Oates. Laugh at me. Call me names. Say I need to come out of the closet. Say what you will, but Hall & Oates rule! They were the first group that I ever called my favorite. For me it started with the VOICES album. They had three huge hits off of that album with KISS ON MY LIST, YOU MAKE MY DREAMS, and YOU'VE LOST THAT LOVIN' FEELING. These guys could write some catchy as hell tunes. Through the 80's they churned out hit after hit. They had six number one hits and a bunch of top 40 songs as well. In total they had 34 songs chart on the Billboard Hot 100 List. They also have seven platinum albums and six gold albums.
The first album I ever bought with my own cash was PRIVATE EYES when I was 9 years old. I still love that album, and can still sing every song word for word. I can remember begging my parents to take me to see them in concert when they came to town. Of course they didn't take me either. I can also remember watching them a few times on the show SOLID GOLD. Before Mtv was SOLID GOLD. Gotta love those hot SOLID GOLD dancers!
Here are my top 15 favorite Hall & Oates songs in no particular order.
Kiss On My List
You Make My Dreams
I Can't Go For That (No Can Do)
Method Of Modern Love
Say It Isn't So
Don't Hold Back Your Love
You've Lost That Lovin' Feeling
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Three New Games
- My Nephew Rocks!
- You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
- Vacation, Guitar Hero, and Games I Need To Check O...
- One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen Wa...
- Bad Sequels Piss Me Off!
- George, Old Snake, & Brun
- Darth Vader Being A Smart Ass
- The Crappening
- A Game That Is So Bad That It's Good
- Phil's Famous Movie Reviews Blog
- Initial Thoughts On MGS4
- I got nothin'
- I Gotta Be Me
- So Much For Waiting To Buy Another Game
- Greg Miller FTW!!!
- Top 5 Most Underrated Xbox 360 Games That Every 36...
- The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
- Random Gibberish
- Thoughts On Some New Games
- The Best Books Ever
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 3
- Guess What Game Is Consuming My Gaming Life
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 2
- Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These ...
- ▼ June (25)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!