Sunday, June 15, 2008
I Gotta Be Me
My Fathers Day kinda started on Friday. When I got home from work I was presented with a bag. To be exact it was a brown Hollister bag. Right away I thought "Oh dear God no not a Hollister bag"! You see my daughter has been joking about buying me a Hollister shirt for a while now. Anyone who knows me knows that I strictly wear metal t-shirts and Dallas Stars apparel. That's really about it. The first thing I said was "This better not have Hollister shit in it"! Of course laughs came from both my daughter and my wife, so right away I knew I would find some dreaded trendy Hollister shirt inside. I open the bag to find a nifty GWAR shirt. OK, that's cool I thought. Then I find a sweet H.I.M. shirt. Again really cool. Then at the bottom I see this white shirt and it just reeks of cologne. Sure enough it's a Hollister shirt. UGH! Let me just say that the last time I wore any type of trendy type shirt it was an O.P. (Ocean Pacific) shirt back in probably 1983. I generally loathe anything that's hip or trendy. For my daughter I would wear it. We went out for dinner and a movie, and I wore it the whole time. The terrible cologne smell gave me a bad headache, but I wore it. Two comments that my daughter made were "You're the only guy I've seen wearing a Hollister shirt that didn't look gay", and "It's about time you looked fashionable".
The Hollister shirt will probably become a workout shirt or an around the house shirt. When I go out it's all about the Overkill, Danzig, Slayer, and Iron Maiden shirts. Hey, I gotta be me, but I can make my daughter happy for at least one day by wearing a shirt that really wasn't me at all.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Three New Games
- My Nephew Rocks!
- You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
- Vacation, Guitar Hero, and Games I Need To Check O...
- One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen Wa...
- Bad Sequels Piss Me Off!
- George, Old Snake, & Brun
- Darth Vader Being A Smart Ass
- The Crappening
- A Game That Is So Bad That It's Good
- Phil's Famous Movie Reviews Blog
- Initial Thoughts On MGS4
- I got nothin'
- I Gotta Be Me
- So Much For Waiting To Buy Another Game
- Greg Miller FTW!!!
- Top 5 Most Underrated Xbox 360 Games That Every 36...
- The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
- Random Gibberish
- Thoughts On Some New Games
- The Best Books Ever
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 3
- Guess What Game Is Consuming My Gaming Life
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 2
- Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These ...
- ▼ June (25)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!