Wednesday, June 25, 2008
One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen War
First of all I'm throwing Nintendo out of this battle. The Wii has last gen graphics and a ton of shovelware type games. Any gamer knows that it's all about Sony vs Microsoft. Both consoles have their pros and cons. I have both, and I can tell you that neither is perfect. There is one major reason why I think the 360 will win in the long run. That reason is achievements. Achievements are the game within the game. It's the new high score. Back in the day we played video games for high scores. It was always what's your high score in GAME X or GAME Y. Now let me explain what exactly it is that I'm talking about. I interact with a lot of gamers. I read four gaming magazines on a regular basis. I listen to gaming podcasts five days of the week. I wish I had a dollar for every time I've heard or read about someone saying they were going to buy a game that was on both consoles on the 360 because they could get the achievement points. More often than not people who own both the 360 and the PS3 will buy the game on the 360 just for the achievement points. I am the exact same way. The PS3 could start selling all of their games for 10 dollars cheaper and I would still buy the game on the 360 instead of the PS3 just for the points. The points don't buy you anything. The points don't really mean anything...but wait maybe they do. There is just something satisfying about having more points than your friends. Again, it's like a game inside the game. Microsoft nailed it with achievement points. Sony is supposed to be coming out with a trophy system very soon, but I think it's a case of too little too late. Not to mention I think by the time Sony finally gets it right Microsoft will have already released the Xbox 720.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Three New Games
- My Nephew Rocks!
- You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
- Vacation, Guitar Hero, and Games I Need To Check O...
- One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen Wa...
- Bad Sequels Piss Me Off!
- George, Old Snake, & Brun
- Darth Vader Being A Smart Ass
- The Crappening
- A Game That Is So Bad That It's Good
- Phil's Famous Movie Reviews Blog
- Initial Thoughts On MGS4
- I got nothin'
- I Gotta Be Me
- So Much For Waiting To Buy Another Game
- Greg Miller FTW!!!
- Top 5 Most Underrated Xbox 360 Games That Every 36...
- The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
- Random Gibberish
- Thoughts On Some New Games
- The Best Books Ever
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 3
- Guess What Game Is Consuming My Gaming Life
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 2
- Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These ...
- ▼ June (25)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!