Sunday, June 8, 2008

Random Gibberish


Went to Wal-Mart today to pick up some stuff for my lunches at work. I've been wanting to check out the new Mountain Dew flavors. I'm a sucker for new flavors. I like trying weird new flavors of pop/soda whatever you call it in your neck of the woods. It's true that I don't drink non diet drinks on a regular basis, but I will drink non diet drinks that have strange flavors and come in weird colors. I've always been drawn to drinking blue liquids. Today I decided to buy a 12 pack of Mountain Dew Voltage. The can reads (DEW Charged With Raspberry Citrus Flavor and Ginseng) I was hoping it would taste like blue raspberry, and it does. It is in fact blue. I must say that it tastes really damn good. I'm not used to drinking the amount of caffeine that was in this 12 ounce can, so I was feeling energetic. On a scale of 0-10 as far as taste goes I'd give this stuff a 9.8! Now I must try the other two flavors.

I played a ton of GTA4 today. It seems like there is no end in sight for this game. That's a good thing though. I've decided that when I'm done playing GTA4 I'll be jumping into one of the many games that I have not finished. I may have to jump back into Resistance: Fall Of Man on the PS3. I'll probably rent a few games as well.

I rented CLOVERFIELD in HD on Xbox Live Thursday night to kill some time before I went to bed. I wasn't all that impressed. I did like the smaller monsters that they battled in the subway. Those were rather creepy. They were kinda like huge nasty bugs. I'm not a fan of bugs at all which is probably the reason why The Mist freaked me out. Anyway, Cloverfield was pretty average. The shaky home video camera effect didn't bother me too much, but I didn't really think it was needed. My final score is 6/10. It just seemed like it was missing something.

A couple of movies I plan on going to see are The Strangers and The Happening. M. Night Shyamalan gets a lot of crap for his movies, but I usually enjoy what he puts out.

I'm adding the following to my mp3 player:

Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
Cro-Mags - Age Of Quarrel/Best Wish (2 on 1 cd)
Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding
Tourniquet - Psycho Surgery
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
Vengeance Rising - Once Dead
Witchery - Restless & Dead
Scorpions - In Trance
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Samson - Survivors
Samson - Head On

On the boob tube I've been watching:

Hell's Kitchen
Seinfeld
Home Improvement
Welcome Back Kotter (on hulu.com)

I've been reading gaming magazines. I really need to pick up a book!

I've been eating lots of pizza lately.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cloverfield was ok. I rated it about the same.

Seinfeld is the greatest tv sit-com, ever. I can watch almost any episode a number of times and always laugh.

-repro

Wingman709 said...

I loved Cloverfield. I thought it was great. But then again, when I watched it, I already knew and understood the viewpoint of the movie so it was what I expected. Very fun movie.

And yes, Seinfeld rules.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews