Sunday, June 8, 2008
Went to Wal-Mart today to pick up some stuff for my lunches at work. I've been wanting to check out the new Mountain Dew flavors. I'm a sucker for new flavors. I like trying weird new flavors of pop/soda whatever you call it in your neck of the woods. It's true that I don't drink non diet drinks on a regular basis, but I will drink non diet drinks that have strange flavors and come in weird colors. I've always been drawn to drinking blue liquids. Today I decided to buy a 12 pack of Mountain Dew Voltage. The can reads (DEW Charged With Raspberry Citrus Flavor and Ginseng) I was hoping it would taste like blue raspberry, and it does. It is in fact blue. I must say that it tastes really damn good. I'm not used to drinking the amount of caffeine that was in this 12 ounce can, so I was feeling energetic. On a scale of 0-10 as far as taste goes I'd give this stuff a 9.8! Now I must try the other two flavors.
I played a ton of GTA4 today. It seems like there is no end in sight for this game. That's a good thing though. I've decided that when I'm done playing GTA4 I'll be jumping into one of the many games that I have not finished. I may have to jump back into Resistance: Fall Of Man on the PS3. I'll probably rent a few games as well.
I rented CLOVERFIELD in HD on Xbox Live Thursday night to kill some time before I went to bed. I wasn't all that impressed. I did like the smaller monsters that they battled in the subway. Those were rather creepy. They were kinda like huge nasty bugs. I'm not a fan of bugs at all which is probably the reason why The Mist freaked me out. Anyway, Cloverfield was pretty average. The shaky home video camera effect didn't bother me too much, but I didn't really think it was needed. My final score is 6/10. It just seemed like it was missing something.
A couple of movies I plan on going to see are The Strangers and The Happening. M. Night Shyamalan gets a lot of crap for his movies, but I usually enjoy what he puts out.
I'm adding the following to my mp3 player:
Alice Cooper - Welcome To My Nightmare
Cro-Mags - Age Of Quarrel/Best Wish (2 on 1 cd)
Tourniquet - Stop The Bleeding
Tourniquet - Psycho Surgery
Vengeance Rising - Human Sacrifice
Vengeance Rising - Once Dead
Witchery - Restless & Dead
Scorpions - In Trance
Sepultura - Beneath The Remains
Samson - Survivors
Samson - Head On
On the boob tube I've been watching:
Welcome Back Kotter (on hulu.com)
I've been reading gaming magazines. I really need to pick up a book!
I've been eating lots of pizza lately.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Three New Games
- My Nephew Rocks!
- You Know You Grew Up In The 80's If...
- Vacation, Guitar Hero, and Games I Need To Check O...
- One Reason Why The 360 Will Win The Current Gen Wa...
- Bad Sequels Piss Me Off!
- George, Old Snake, & Brun
- Darth Vader Being A Smart Ass
- The Crappening
- A Game That Is So Bad That It's Good
- Phil's Famous Movie Reviews Blog
- Initial Thoughts On MGS4
- I got nothin'
- I Gotta Be Me
- So Much For Waiting To Buy Another Game
- Greg Miller FTW!!!
- Top 5 Most Underrated Xbox 360 Games That Every 36...
- The Greatest Music Duo Ever!
- Random Gibberish
- Thoughts On Some New Games
- The Best Books Ever
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 3
- Guess What Game Is Consuming My Gaming Life
- One Of The Hottest Women Of The 80's Part 2
- Why Do Most Movies Seem To Be Below Average These ...
- ▼ June (25)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!