Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1986


This list was kinda difficult for me. Most of the one hit wonders of 1986 didn't really do much for me. There were some really crappy one hit wonders in 1986. There is one song that I totally can't stand. That song being The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades by Timbuk 3. God I hate that song. I don't know what it is, but my ears practically bleed whenever I hear it. It's just a really bad song, and the vocalist sucks ass as well. I even left off Keep Your Hands To Yourself by The Georgia Satellites most people probably would have added that to this list. Not me! It's just so played out. By the way 1986 also saw Don Johnson hit the top 40 with Heartbeat LOL! I went for a more obscure list this time around. I think the songs I've picked are the best of the bunch for 1986.

1) Baltimora - Tarzan Boy (Catchy, and goofy, but it's a fun song. It always reminds me of that blue mint Listerine commercial from back in the day.)

2) GTR - When The Heart Rules The Mind (Wimpy AOR, but I like it. I'm guilty of liking a lot of AOR songs though.)

3) Double - The Captain Of Her Heart ( Really cool vibe on this one. Slow and easy going. I like the piano in this one.)

4) Blow Monkeys - Digging Your Scene (Not much to say about this song. It wasn't played a lot on the radio in my area, but when I did hear it I dug it.)

5) Boys Don't Cry - I Wanna Be A Cowboy (Man, the 80's were a goofy/silly time. I like songs that aren't serious though. Fun chorus to sing.)

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews