Monday, April 21, 2008
Metal Gear May Be Solid, But Konami Sure As Hell Isn't
First I'll start out with my Konami rant. For some strange reason the idiots over at Konami didn't expect a mass amount of people would want to be playing the MGS4 Beta. I mean I know that the PS3 is way behind the Wii and 360 in total hardware sales, but Sony has sold millions. Obviously I'm being a smart ass with that last comment, but come on Konami! To play the beta you must sign up over at Konami's website. The problem is that there is so much traffic that you can't sign up. The message boards over there are just full of complaints. Did Konami really not think that thousands of people wouldn't be playing this beta? I don't know just how many beta codes are out there, but it's obviously a lot more than Konami could handle. Konami has released the following statement:
"We would like to thank all players for their keen interest in taking part in the beta test," the statement read. "However, we regret to inform you that due to extraordinary levels of traffic from all around the globe, we have been unable to run the service to the level we expected. As a temporary measure, we will be deferring the start of the US public beta test until we are able to stabilize our server."
The latest update on the beta is that it will start this Friday April 25th at midnight. The good news is that the beta is being extended another five days.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1986
- How 'Bout Those Stars...Oh And GTA 4
- No Time For A Real Blog Entry
- Could GTA4 Really Be THE Best Game Ever Created?
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1981
- I Wasn't Born With Enough Middle Fingers
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1980
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1985
- Metal Gear May Be Solid, But Konami Sure As Hell I...
- Dallas Stars Advance To Second Round! Duck Season ...
- New Store, New Games, & Hopefully A New Series
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1984
- Not So Deep Thoughts & Ramblings
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1983
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1982
- Super Mario Galaxy & Dallas Stars Hockey
- Like It Or Not Sony Is Making Strides
- This, That, The Other, & Happy Birthday!
- Go Stars!
- I'm Anti I'm Anti-Social
- Finally A Great Multiplayer Experience On Xbox Liv...
- Top 10 Billy Idol Songs
- Great Weekend For Gaming
- First Wii Impressions
- Addressing My Last Blog Entry & More Random Though...
- Top 5 Things I Would Add To Make The Xbox 360 Bett...
- Wii 4 Mii
- ▼ April (28)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!