Friday, April 11, 2008
Like It Or Not Sony Is Making Strides
It took Sony long enough, but I think they are FINALLY starting to catch up. There are so many things that Sony did wrong when they released the PS3. I think they are slowly, but surely starting to catch up with Microsoft. They are making a step in the right direction with the Playstation Store. Finally Sony has gotten off of their ass and are making the Playstation Store part of the PS3 interface instead of having an unorganized web based mess of a store. It's basically like the 360 dashboard without all of the blades.
Sony also dropped the ball right out of the gate by not having the rumble feature included in the six axis controllers. They were even stupid enough to claim that next gen games didn't need rumble and that it really wasn't an important feature. They learned quickly that it was indeed important to gamers. Now you can go out and buy the Dual Shock 3 controller.
I don't think it will be long before Sony realizes that online chat needs to be integrated into the PS3 as well for every game released on the PS3. At the very least Sony should have bundled a USB headset in with every console for the games that you can use voice chat in.
Sony has definitely made some mistakes along the way. What console maker hasn't? The first Xbox 360 fanboy that says Microsoft hasn't will get a Red Ring Of Death declaration or a crappy Xbox Live performance dig from me. The same goes for you Wii fanboys...wait do Wii fanboys really exist? Yes, of course they do, believe it or not. Can you say NO VOICE CHAT at all, Nintendo?
At any rate Sony is making small strides in the console battle. This will probably end up being the year that the PS3 finally outsells the 360. Metal Gear Solid 4 will help that cause. I expect the MGS4 bundle to help PS3 sales in a big way. Speaking of MGS4, I'll be enjoying that beta because I have a beta key. WOOT!
Note: I still love the Xbox 360, but I want to see the PS3 do well. Remember competition is a good thing not a bad thing.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1986
- How 'Bout Those Stars...Oh And GTA 4
- No Time For A Real Blog Entry
- Could GTA4 Really Be THE Best Game Ever Created?
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1981
- I Wasn't Born With Enough Middle Fingers
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1980
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1985
- Metal Gear May Be Solid, But Konami Sure As Hell I...
- Dallas Stars Advance To Second Round! Duck Season ...
- New Store, New Games, & Hopefully A New Series
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1984
- Not So Deep Thoughts & Ramblings
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1983
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1982
- Super Mario Galaxy & Dallas Stars Hockey
- Like It Or Not Sony Is Making Strides
- This, That, The Other, & Happy Birthday!
- Go Stars!
- I'm Anti I'm Anti-Social
- Finally A Great Multiplayer Experience On Xbox Liv...
- Top 10 Billy Idol Songs
- Great Weekend For Gaming
- First Wii Impressions
- Addressing My Last Blog Entry & More Random Though...
- Top 5 Things I Would Add To Make The Xbox 360 Bett...
- Wii 4 Mii
- ▼ April (28)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!