Friday, April 25, 2008

Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1981


Four of the five songs on this Top 5 list I like a lot. The number five song is good, but I don't think it's incredible or anything.

1) Joey Scarbury - Believe It Or Not (It's the theme from The Greatest American Hero. I loved this show, and so did my Mom. We watched it every night it was on. Now I own all of the seasons of this show on dvd. The sad thing is that I've only watched the pilot so far. I have soooo much to watch in my dvd collection. I love this song. It's probably the best tv show theme song ever.)

2) Rocky Burnette - Tired Of Toein' The Line (This was another song I had forgotten about untill a few years ago when I saw the video on VH1 Classic. Kinda goofy, but in a good way.)

3) Terri Gibbs - Somebody's Knockin' (This was around the time when country artists were crossing over into pop music. This song walks the line of country and pop, and I like it a lot.)

4) Frankie Smith - Double Dutch Bus (Cool and definitely different song. It always reminds me of roller skating at a place called Roller World where I skated with all of my friends. They would always play this song. Roller World is just one of many places that was a fun place where I hung out that is now gone. Getting older really sucks sometimes. Long live the 80's!)

5) Stanley Clarke & George Duke - Sweet Baby (Good song. NOt great or anything, but I like it alright.)

You can find all of these songs over on youtube, but I'm sure you already knew that. I plan on making a series of one hit wonders cds when I have some spare time.

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews