Sunday, April 6, 2008

Great Weekend For Gaming


Picked up some stuff at my local GameStop today for the Wii, and bought some Virtual Console games as well. I grabbed WarioWare: Smooth Moves, and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. My daughter played WarioWare for a bit. I didn't. Super Smash Bros. was fun. I'll spend some more time with that later on. On Virtual Console I bought Super Mario World, Super Mario 3, and Bonk's Revenge.

The cool gadget that I bought today was the Nintendo Wi-Fi USB Connector. This is a device that looks like a USB thumb drive that you plug into your PC, so that you can connect to the internet with your Wii or DS if you don't have a wi-fi connection. It was easy to install and works like a charm. It was just over 30 bucks.

A few games that I plan on buying next are Frontlines: Fuel Of War (X360), Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol Encore (X360), Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds (PS3), and The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (WII)

I finally played Team Fortress 2 on The Orange Box on the 360 last night. I hadn't tried playing because I had heard it was just brutal as far as lag goes, but it worked just fine. I downloaded the latest patch and started playing. It was a lot of fun. I plan on playing again tonight. If you own a 360 and don't have The Orange Box you should check it out.

A word from the wise when it comes to playing Wii sports with your family: Stay far away from them when you play tennis. My daughter hit me a good one in the arm with the remote trying to hit the ball.

Today when my EGM magazine arrived in the mail I realized that I have more magazine subscriptions than ever. I have the Official Xbox Magazine, The Official Playstation Magazine, Game Informer, and EGM. I'll probably subscribe to Nintendo Power as well. It's only 20 bucks for 12 issues.

Time for me to stop blogging now and get back to gaming. It's been a great weekend so far!

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews