Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1980


I skipped the first two years of the 80's, and after seeing this top five you'll probably know why. I do like the songs on this top five though. I have a feeling there's at least one song that you guys won't know. What can I say though...I'm an 80's music dork.

1) Devo - Whip It (I love this song in a major way, and I honestly have since 1980. I can still remember cranking my little RCA one speakered radio/cassette player whenever Whip It came on the radio. Flower pot hats forever! Break yo mama's back!)

2) The Vapors - Turning Japanese (Just a fun song all around. This one is actually about the face one makes during an orgasm.)

3) Benny Mardones - Into The Night (It's a ballad that only this guy named Victim Of Fate could appreciate lyrically. It's about an older guy who basically falls in love with a 16 year old girl. Great song.)

4) Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune (I had forgotten about this song untill I heard it on XM Radio a while ago. I never knew the name of the song or who sang it. There's really no song like it, and you'll never hear a song like it. It's a damn fine tune.)

5) Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight (Not bad for early rap. Actually early rap is much better than the crap you hear these days.)

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews