Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1980
I skipped the first two years of the 80's, and after seeing this top five you'll probably know why. I do like the songs on this top five though. I have a feeling there's at least one song that you guys won't know. What can I say though...I'm an 80's music dork.
1) Devo - Whip It (I love this song in a major way, and I honestly have since 1980. I can still remember cranking my little RCA one speakered radio/cassette player whenever Whip It came on the radio. Flower pot hats forever! Break yo mama's back!)
2) The Vapors - Turning Japanese (Just a fun song all around. This one is actually about the face one makes during an orgasm.)
3) Benny Mardones - Into The Night (It's a ballad that only this guy named Victim Of Fate could appreciate lyrically. It's about an older guy who basically falls in love with a 16 year old girl. Great song.)
4) Steve Forbert - Romeo's Tune (I had forgotten about this song untill I heard it on XM Radio a while ago. I never knew the name of the song or who sang it. There's really no song like it, and you'll never hear a song like it. It's a damn fine tune.)
5) Sugar Hill Gang - Rapper's Delight (Not bad for early rap. Actually early rap is much better than the crap you hear these days.)
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1986
- How 'Bout Those Stars...Oh And GTA 4
- No Time For A Real Blog Entry
- Could GTA4 Really Be THE Best Game Ever Created?
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1981
- I Wasn't Born With Enough Middle Fingers
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1980
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1985
- Metal Gear May Be Solid, But Konami Sure As Hell I...
- Dallas Stars Advance To Second Round! Duck Season ...
- New Store, New Games, & Hopefully A New Series
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1984
- Not So Deep Thoughts & Ramblings
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1983
- Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1982
- Super Mario Galaxy & Dallas Stars Hockey
- Like It Or Not Sony Is Making Strides
- This, That, The Other, & Happy Birthday!
- Go Stars!
- I'm Anti I'm Anti-Social
- Finally A Great Multiplayer Experience On Xbox Liv...
- Top 10 Billy Idol Songs
- Great Weekend For Gaming
- First Wii Impressions
- Addressing My Last Blog Entry & More Random Though...
- Top 5 Things I Would Add To Make The Xbox 360 Bett...
- Wii 4 Mii
- ▼ April (28)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!