Monday, April 7, 2008

Finally A Great Multiplayer Experience On Xbox Live


I've played quite a few multiplayer games on Xbox Live with tons of people I don't know. Millions of people have. This is nothing new. I've had an Xbox 360 for over a year now, and my online experiences haven't been the greatest. I always seem to run into complete jerks no matter what game I play with a group of total strangers. Not all of my experiences have been bad ones. I've just had enough bad experiences that I usually just leave my headset off. You can still hear voices come through your tv, but you can't really make out what people are saying, and that's usually fine with me. Jerks on Xbox Live is what turned me off from playing Halo 3. I can honestly say that in my experience the majority of idiots just love Halo 3 as far as multiplayer games go. Idiots are everywhere, but they seem to be the worst on Halo 3.

I think I have finally found a game where I fit in, and I'm actually decent at. That game is Team Fortress 2 on The Orange Box. Everyone on your team basically just goes about their business and does their job. It's easily the best game I've ever played where you work as a team to get the task done. The main reason why this game works so well is because everyone has a different class. You pick a character that suits the way you play the game. You find a class you're good at and you work together as a team to beat the other team. There really aren't tons of people playing this game either. That may be another reason why people aren't jerks. I think players actually want other players to continue playing because it's not a huge community of people like Halo 3 or Call Of Duty 4.

I encourage anyone with a 360 or even a PS3 to pick up The Orange Box not just for Team Fortress 2, but also for the Half Life games and Portal. I'm just geeked that I finally found a multiplayer game that I enjoy playing with complete strangers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You really need to join us on Friday nights for our Beat up the Hosts matches. They are always good fun.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews