Thursday, May 1, 2008
Time Once Again For Random Thoughts
First I'll start with GTA 4. After playing the single player campaign for a couple days I have to say that it's a really good game. It's not the greatness that all of the reviewers are giving it. With that being said I have NOT played any of the multiplayer modes yet. It's basically just GTA with more to do, and it's prettier. Some improvements have been made for sure. It's definitely easier to aim guns now. I'm also finding it easier to get away from cops. The cut scenes need work though. Graphically they are lacking polish. Just based on the single player campaign I'd give it a score between 8.5 - 9.
I have an issue with gamers and game review sites. Why is it that most games get talked about a lot before release and then for a week or two after release, but almost nothing after? It's like games only stay new and relevant for a couple weeks then they are old news. It's crazy how a game that is four or five months old is considered old news by most. This is probably one reason why I always feel like I have to buy a game when it comes out. If I don't I feel like I'm out of the loop. Gamers always seem to be looking into the future instead of savoring recent games.
My Dallas Stars will try to close out the series with a win in San Jose tomorrow night. They'll face the Redwings if they win this series. I'm almost hoping for a monumental comeback by the Sharks. I just don't see Dallas beating Detroit. Sad, but true.
Song of the day is "The Duellists" by Iron Maiden. (I cranked POWERSLAVE today at work on the mp3 player. Greatness = this album)
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Just Who Is This Jessica Chobot Chick Anyway?
- Hitler Banned From Xbox Live
- Why NPD Numbers Are Crap And Other Thoughts
- One Of THE Hottest Women Of The 80's
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast Rules The World
- Things I Did On Vacation
- Songs That Have A Vibe Like No Other
- In My World
- Julie Brown, You Comedy Genius
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1989
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1988
- Not A Thing Going On
- Charter Communications Sucks
- Top 5 WORST One Hit Wonders Of 1987
- STARS MOVE ON TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS!!!
- Had A Good Experience Today
- Top 10 Gaming Podcasts
- Time Once Again For Random Thoughts
- ▼ May (19)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!