Wednesday, February 20, 2008
They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore
Remember how awesome teen movies were back in the 80's? I sure do.
They are still among my favorite movies ever. Most of them had crazy teen sex,
drug use, alcohol use, and plenty of laughs. A few movies after the 80's have tried this
formula, but in my eyes have failed miserably. I'm sorry, but there will just never be
another FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH, which I consider to be the pinacle of teen movies.
I came up with a list of my top 20 favorite 80's teen movies. It was a totally easy list to put
together too. Again I'm not ranking these in order except for the first two movies. I'm
sure anyone who grew up in the 80's will agree with at least half of my list.
1) Fast Times At Ridgemont High
2) Revenge Of The Nerds (WTF Are Robster Craws?)
3) Risky Business
4) Valley Girl
5) Better Off Dead
6) The Breakfast Club
7) Can't Buy Me Love
8) Just One Of The Guys
9) Private School
10) The Last American Virgin
11) River's Edge
12) Stand By Me
13) War Games
14) Sixteen Candles
15) Pump Up The Volume
16) The Karate Kid
17) Ferris Bueller's Day Off
18) Young Guns
19) Real Genius
20) Weird Science
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Best Movie Sequels
- Arcades... My Second Home In The 80's
- Thanks To My Father...
- Games That Get Hyped
- Resident Evil Trilogy On Blu-Ray
- PSP Game Crazy
- Random Thoughts & Peeves
- Video Game & Robster Craws Podcast?
- They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore
- Certain Types Of Video Game Elements I Hate
- Gaming Habits
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Review
- PS3 Outsells Xbox 360 For First Time
- 13 Games I Can't Wait For
- Badasses In Hollywood A Thing Of The Past?
- It's never enough
- Forced To Simplify
- Podcast Spotlight
- Console Fanboys = Losers
- The Dark Side
- Game Demos
- Video Game Humor
- Video Games Are Not Just For Kids Anymore
- 2007 = Best Year For Gamers
- Clash Of The Titans In 2010?
- What do you mean you don't understand?
- ▼ February (26)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!