Monday, February 4, 2008

Clash Of The Titans In 2010?


A very long time ago before cell phones the intranet and dvds I saw a cool ass movie that you may have seen called Clash Of The Titans. It was during the summer of a super hot 1981. Me and Mom would go see movies to get out of our hot as hell house. For some reason we didn't have central air conditioning then. Anyway I remember being blown away by this film. Hey, when you're 9 years old a movie like this one leaves a lasting impression. The scene with Medusa was just incredible. A crazy bitch with snakes on her head looks you in the eyes and you turn to stone! WOW! I'm also pretty sure that was the very first decapitation I had ever witnessed before. Oh sure I remember other things about the movie, but the scene with Medusa was the climax for me. Forget about the goofy little robotic owl flying around. I couldn't care less about that. I only cared about the violence and bloodshed.

Now on to what this blog post is about. It seems that a remake of Clash Of The Titans is due to be released in movie theatres in 2010. I really don't know how to feel about this one. On one hand it could be really cool. On the other hand I've seen what Hollywood can do to old classics when they try to remake them. Anyone who knows me knows that I'm a glass half empty kind of guy. Then again scratch that. I'm a glass is totally empty and smashed to pieces kind of guy. I'm expecting a major piece of shit from this remake. I have no idea what the budget will be for this remake, but no matter what I know it won't match up to the old school techniques that the original had. It's obvious that Hollywood has run out of ideas. Why else would they continue to remake old movies from my youth and earlier that I love? One thing that may save this remake is if a cast of unknown actors is used.

I'm definitely curious to see what this film will end up looking like, but I'm very sceptical about just how good it will be. Clash Of The Titans 2010

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews