Thursday, February 28, 2008
Arcades... My Second Home In The 80's
From about the age of 11-16 one of my favorite places to be was an arcade called Star World.
Me and a friend would bring 20 dollars a piece and get 40 dollars worth of tokens a piece. They always a deal where you'd get twice the tokens for the money. 4o dollars worth would last us quite a while. There were a few other arcades around, but Star World was the best. It was a really big arcade to boot. They always had all of the latest games.
The downside was that the place was usually packed beyond belief. You had to know the right times to go, so that you could get a lot of playing time in.
Playing games was obviously great fun, but there was also the social aspect of it. You could
hang out with people you knew and just have a great time talking about games and stuff that teens generally talk about. Hanging out at Star World was great fun, and some of the funnest times I can remember from the 80's.
I guess the only downside to great consoles is that you don't need arcades anymore. You can play
awesome games in the comfort of your own home sitting on your couch. Kids these days have no idea what the whole arcade experience was like in the 80's. That's a shame.
Here are the top 20 games that I played the most in the 80's in the arcade:
Spy Hunter (With the cockpit of course)
Bump N' Jump
Root Beer Tapper (Yes, I know it was cheezy, but I was 11!)
I played a ton of games, but these were the ones I could remember the most. It seems like ages ago. Good times for sure.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Best Movie Sequels
- Arcades... My Second Home In The 80's
- Thanks To My Father...
- Games That Get Hyped
- Resident Evil Trilogy On Blu-Ray
- PSP Game Crazy
- Random Thoughts & Peeves
- Video Game & Robster Craws Podcast?
- They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore
- Certain Types Of Video Game Elements I Hate
- Gaming Habits
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Review
- PS3 Outsells Xbox 360 For First Time
- 13 Games I Can't Wait For
- Badasses In Hollywood A Thing Of The Past?
- It's never enough
- Forced To Simplify
- Podcast Spotlight
- Console Fanboys = Losers
- The Dark Side
- Game Demos
- Video Game Humor
- Video Games Are Not Just For Kids Anymore
- 2007 = Best Year For Gamers
- Clash Of The Titans In 2010?
- What do you mean you don't understand?
- ▼ February (26)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!