Tuesday, February 26, 2008
Games That Get Hyped
Ever buy a game based on tons of great reviews? Ever read a ton of great reviews for a game,
and then go out and buy the game and wonder why so many people think it's great while you really don't? There is a PSP game called PATAPON that inspired me to write this blog entry. Well before I even played the demo I had been reading nothing but praise for this game. I played the demo expecting a really good game. Instead I got a demo that was really repetitive and well kinda boring.
It's basically a memory rhythm
game. You have to hit the same botton combination over and over again.
There are different button combinations that you have to remember to get your little dudes on the screen to march and
kill. That's pretty much it. I just don't understand what all the rage is about. Am I missing something? Apparently the game lasts for quite a while too. Greg Miller, one of the hosts on
Podcast Beyond said he had played for 17 plus hours. I like Greg Miller a lot, but I don't get his hyping of Patapon. I realize their are different tastes in games, but holy shit this game is getting some seriously good reviews. Right now at gamerankings.com Patapon has an 87.5%. Maybe it's the 20 dollar price tag? I really have no idea.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Best Movie Sequels
- Arcades... My Second Home In The 80's
- Thanks To My Father...
- Games That Get Hyped
- Resident Evil Trilogy On Blu-Ray
- PSP Game Crazy
- Random Thoughts & Peeves
- Video Game & Robster Craws Podcast?
- They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore
- Certain Types Of Video Game Elements I Hate
- Gaming Habits
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Review
- PS3 Outsells Xbox 360 For First Time
- 13 Games I Can't Wait For
- Badasses In Hollywood A Thing Of The Past?
- It's never enough
- Forced To Simplify
- Podcast Spotlight
- Console Fanboys = Losers
- The Dark Side
- Game Demos
- Video Game Humor
- Video Games Are Not Just For Kids Anymore
- 2007 = Best Year For Gamers
- Clash Of The Titans In 2010?
- What do you mean you don't understand?
- ▼ February (26)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!