Monday, February 18, 2008
As far as gaming goes I tend to have a short attention span. A game has to be really damn good for
me to play it for hours on end. This probably goes without saying. I have a feeling most gamers would agree. That's a no brainer. I do find that no matter how great a game is I find myself wanting to fly right through it so I can get to the next game. If a game is good, but not great I find myself starting other games. For example, right now I'm playing NHL 08, Burnout Paradise, and Devil May Cry 4 on the 360. I was playing Blue Dragon, but got tired of it after 40+ hours. There are a ton of other games I haven't finished that I really need to, but again I have a short attention span. Oh, did I mention that I'm also playing Daxter on the PSP, and plan on starting Resistence Fall Of Man on the PS3?
I like to have a lot of games on hand, and I do. I spend a lot and I mean a lot of money on new release games.
Last year I bought 40+ games for the 360. Most of those were new or I bought them used
shortly after release, so they cost me 55 bucks minus the 10% off I get at Gamestop. I like variety. I need variety. I get tired of a game and need something else to play. I like having options. If you're reading this you're probably thinking I'm also insane and spend too much money on games. You're right. I really need to rent more games.
Another habit of mine is to keep games that I know I'll never play again after I beat them. I rarely ever trade games back in. I did just recently trade in Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, and Black Site Area 51. I finished them all and wanted to have some trade money for the PSP I just bought. Otherwise they would still be sitting with all of my other games. I guess from now on when I beat a game I should trade it in because I know I'll never play it again unless it has online multi-player which is something else I don't do enough of, but I'll save that for another blog post.
The bottom line is that I have some really bad gaming habits that I need to fix. I spend way too much on games, and I don't finish every game I buy before I buy another one.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Best Movie Sequels
- Arcades... My Second Home In The 80's
- Thanks To My Father...
- Games That Get Hyped
- Resident Evil Trilogy On Blu-Ray
- PSP Game Crazy
- Random Thoughts & Peeves
- Video Game & Robster Craws Podcast?
- They Don't Make 'Em Like That Anymore
- Certain Types Of Video Game Elements I Hate
- Gaming Habits
- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune Review
- PS3 Outsells Xbox 360 For First Time
- 13 Games I Can't Wait For
- Badasses In Hollywood A Thing Of The Past?
- It's never enough
- Forced To Simplify
- Podcast Spotlight
- Console Fanboys = Losers
- The Dark Side
- Game Demos
- Video Game Humor
- Video Games Are Not Just For Kids Anymore
- 2007 = Best Year For Gamers
- Clash Of The Titans In 2010?
- What do you mean you don't understand?
- ▼ February (26)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!