Monday, February 18, 2008

Gaming Habits


As far as gaming goes I tend to have a short attention span. A game has to be really damn good for
me to play it for hours on end. This probably goes without saying. I have a feeling most gamers would agree. That's a no brainer. I do find that no matter how great a game is I find myself wanting to fly right through it so I can get to the next game. If a game is good, but not great I find myself starting other games. For example, right now I'm playing NHL 08, Burnout Paradise, and Devil May Cry 4 on the 360. I was playing Blue Dragon, but got tired of it after 40+ hours. There are a ton of other games I haven't finished that I really need to, but again I have a short attention span. Oh, did I mention that I'm also playing Daxter on the PSP, and plan on starting Resistence Fall Of Man on the PS3?

I like to have a lot of games on hand, and I do. I spend a lot and I mean a lot of money on new release games.
Last year I bought 40+ games for the 360. Most of those were new or I bought them used
shortly after release, so they cost me 55 bucks minus the 10% off I get at Gamestop. I like variety. I need variety. I get tired of a game and need something else to play. I like having options. If you're reading this you're probably thinking I'm also insane and spend too much money on games. You're right. I really need to rent more games.

Another habit of mine is to keep games that I know I'll never play again after I beat them. I rarely ever trade games back in. I did just recently trade in Mass Effect, Assassins Creed, Uncharted Drakes Fortune, and Black Site Area 51. I finished them all and wanted to have some trade money for the PSP I just bought. Otherwise they would still be sitting with all of my other games. I guess from now on when I beat a game I should trade it in because I know I'll never play it again unless it has online multi-player which is something else I don't do enough of, but I'll save that for another blog post.

The bottom line is that I have some really bad gaming habits that I need to fix. I spend way too much on games, and I don't finish every game I buy before I buy another one.

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews