Wednesday, August 6, 2008
Netflix, Geometry Wars Evolved 2, Braid
At E3 we learned that Netflix will be streaming movies to our Xbox 360 consoles. At first I thought this was a good idea. Now I'm thinking it's an ok idea. I was kinda geeked about it at first. Now I'm just kinda like whatever. My reason for not being too excited about it is because the movies will be streamed in standard definition. The Xbox 360 is known for being an HD experience. My games are in HD. This was the entire reason why I bought and HDTV. When I DL movies from Xbox Live I ALWAYS DL HD movies. I've heard people say that in the future Netflix will probably offer HD movies, but does anyone really know for sure? Even if they do I'm sure the cost for HD memberships will go up. On a side note I also think that being able to watch the same movie as someone on your friends list is a useless feature. For me it will be anyway. You'll be able to watch the same movie off of Netflix and talk to that friend on your headset. To me that's assinine. Who in the hell talks during a movie? Well, besides annoying assholes at a movie theatre or my 13 year old daughter? I want to scream when someone talks during a movie. I sure as hell don't want my friend talking to me on a headset when I'm trying to watch a movie. Dumb idea!
I picked up Geometry Wars Retro Evolved 2. Holy crap is this game addictive! It's basically an old school type of space shooter with really nice HD graphics. It's that and so much more. I had never played the first Geometry Wars, and wasn't interested mostly because I hate games where you use one stick to move and the other to shoot. I want a button to shoot, damn it! This game has changed my mind though. It's stick shooting done right. It just feels right. I also love that there are differentr game modes that offer some really great gameplay. The modes really mix things up. The bottom line is if you own an Xbox 360 you really need to spend the 800 Microsoft points on this game.
Braid is a new game that you can DL on Xbox Live. Braid is a game that looks awesome! The screenshots that I saw look really really nice. It's getting some really good reviews. I have heard it's on the short side. I don't mind short games as long as they are really good. I do however mind spending 15 bucks on an XBLA game. This will be the one thing that will hold me back from buying Braid. I'd spend 10 bucks on it, but 15 just seems a bit steep. Look, I'm not some penny pincher. I spend a ton of cash on games. I'm basically letting Micrsoft know with my dollar that I'm not willing to pay over 10 bucks for a game on XBLA. If people start paying these prices on XBLA games it won't be long before all games are 15 to 20 bucks.
Worst Video Game Ever Created?
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Civilization Revolution Hasn't Left My Xbox 360 Ye...
- Top 2 One Hit Wonders Of 1971
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1970
- Idiots Break Into Closed Water Park
- Not Much Going On
- Achievements Have Ruined Other Console's Games For...
- COD4 VS HALO 3
- PURE Looks Awesome!
- Seriously Nintendo?
- Top 5 Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap
- Mike Tyson Is Such An Idiot!
- Not So Deep Thoughts By Robert Phelps
- Old Games Were Harder
- New Gaming Podcast On The Block
- Things I Did In The 80's That I Would Never Do Now...
- Old Horror Movies Rule The World
- Best Boxing Video Game Ever!!!
- You Know You Want A GOW Lancer!
- Netflix, Geometry Wars Evolved 2, Braid
- Read My Ramblings
- The Worst Part About Summer
- The Hardcore Come Out At Night
- ▼ August (22)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!