Saturday, August 23, 2008
Achievements Have Ruined Other Console's Games For Me
Xbox 360's Achievements are so addictive that if I play games on my PS3, Wii, or PSP I feel like I'm wasting my time. I remember a time when just playing a game on my Sega Genesis, NES, N64, PS1, or PS2 was just fun because the game I was playing was fun. Now when I play a game on the PS3 in the back of my mind I'm kinda irritated that I won't be getting any achievements for the things I do in that game. There have been so many times where I think about what Xbox 360 games I can play to get achievements even though I have a few games that I need to finish on the PS3. Sony did finally implement a trophy system, but it's a case of too little too late. Not to mention not all PS3 games will have trophies. If Sony had started the trophy system from the very beginning and made it mandatory that every game have trophies I may be singing a different tune right now, but that's not the case. As I sit and type this is seems so ridiculous that I feel this way, but hey I do feel this way. I feel like in the future every console that is created will need some sort of achievement system to be valid. Micrsoft may have screwed up with a console that's not the most reliable, but damn did they get so many other things right. I put achievement points at the top of that list of things they did right. What's your gamerscore?
Another Favorite Of Mine From The 80's! I even like the chicken if the sauce is not too blue.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Civilization Revolution Hasn't Left My Xbox 360 Ye...
- Top 2 One Hit Wonders Of 1971
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1970
- Idiots Break Into Closed Water Park
- Not Much Going On
- Achievements Have Ruined Other Console's Games For...
- COD4 VS HALO 3
- PURE Looks Awesome!
- Seriously Nintendo?
- Top 5 Things To Do When You Feel Like Crap
- Mike Tyson Is Such An Idiot!
- Not So Deep Thoughts By Robert Phelps
- Old Games Were Harder
- New Gaming Podcast On The Block
- Things I Did In The 80's That I Would Never Do Now...
- Old Horror Movies Rule The World
- Best Boxing Video Game Ever!!!
- You Know You Want A GOW Lancer!
- Netflix, Geometry Wars Evolved 2, Braid
- Read My Ramblings
- The Worst Part About Summer
- The Hardcore Come Out At Night
- ▼ August (22)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!