Thursday, July 17, 2008
Top 10 Songs That Remind Me Of The Summer Of 1984
It's been hot as hell here in south west Michigan! Today in my area where I work the thermostat read 95! I work in an area where I load industrial sized autoclaves with rodent feed and bedding. On top of having to lift I get to sweat my ass off hardcore while doing so. Definitely not fun. I don't even want to guess what the heat index is where I work. I know it's over 100 for sure.
When I was a kid I liked summer for one reason...summer break! I have always hated dealing with hot summer heat. I'm also fair skinned, so I burn in like 5 minutes flat. I'm that guy who has to lather on the sunblock or I'll fry. It's sucks, but that's the price you pay for being a white male. Things could be worse. Every summer I'd basically escape to a friend's house who had air conditioning and liked to stay inside like me. The only summer that I can remember being subjected to the sun's harmfull rays was the summer of 1984. That summer I travelled more in three months than I have travelled in my entire life. In the span of three months I went to Dallas and back. Then Sandusky, Ohio and back. Then Niagara Falls and back. Then Anaheim, California and back. Those experiences were mostly. For the Ohio and California trips my best friend went along, so we had a blast.
During the summer of 1984 I listened to the radio more than any summer before or after. Here are the top 10 songs that remind me of the summer of 1984 in no particular order.
10) When Doves Cry - Prince (You couldn't escape this song it was everywhere. I actually saw Purple Rain in a movie theatre in Hollywood in the summer of 1984.)
9) She Bop - Cyndi Lauper (Yep, a song about good old masterbation!)
8) Ghostbusters - Ray Parker Jr. (Mtv played it to death!)
7) What's Love Got To Do With It - Tina Turner
6) Sunglasses At Night - Corey Hart
5) Cruel Summer - Bananarama
4) Sister Christian - Night Ranger
3) Dance Hall Days - Wang Chung
2) Dancing In The Sheets - Shalamar (Don't ask)
1) Self Control - Laura Branigan
There are actually a bunch more, but you get the idea.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- The Best Kool-Aid Flavor Ever!
- Things I'm Addicted To Lately
- Another Reason Why A Lot Of Americans Are Retarded...
- COD4 Juggernaut Perk Makes Me A n00b?
- 80's Song Of The Day
- Some Upcoming Games That I Will Buy On Day One
- Places That I Miss
- Happy Face Grenades, A Glaive, And A Train Ticket
- Top 10 Songs That Remind Me Of The Summer Of 1984
- Sweep The Leg, Johnny!
- The Hold Steady Rock
- Metallica, Please Retire
- If Only All Of Their Songs Were As Good As This On...
- One Of My Favorite Chris Jericho Moments
- CHiP's, Not The Kind You Eat
- Winter Of The Witch
- Thoughts On The "Games I've Been Gaming" (trl podc...
- My Favorite Team Based Multiplayer Game
- My Most Hated NHL Player Could Become My Favorite
- Sony Dropping The Ball On The 2.40 Update?
- ▼ July (20)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!