Sunday, July 20, 2008
Happy Face Grenades, A Glaive, And A Train Ticket
My schedule has been kinda crazy lately, so I haven't had the time to blog. I've also been doing things during my weekends. That's always a good thing.
After buying Battlefield: Bad Company a few weeks ago I finally finished it. In the beginning of the single player campaign I was a bit underwhelmed. As the game went on it grew on me and got better and better. I've still only played a little bit on Xbox Live though. It just isn't grabbing me. Basically run and gun chaos with a bunch of people isn't my cup of tea. I like shooters where I have more than a second or two to think. I like a bit of strategy. This is just hectic and crazy to me. As far as the single player campaign goes I'd rate it a 7.5/10. I recommend this as a rental.
Ever since the game Dark Sector was released I wanted to check it out. It didn't get terrible reviews, but it's a game I wasn't sure I wanted to spend 60 bucks on either. I went out and rented it. It's a really fun arcadey shooter. The game play mechanics remind me of Gears Of War in some ways. Using the glaive is totally fun. The glaive is just like the weapon from the movie KRULL. It's a blast using it to chop off heads and limbs of your enemies while watching the blood gush and hearing their agonizing screams of pain!
I also downloaded Ticket To Ride on Xbox Live. If you like board games you might enjoy this. It's not incredible, but it's a decent game to play when you just want to sit back and chill with a friend. You basically just have to build train tracks from one destination to another for points. Simple to learn and a good time waster.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- The Best Kool-Aid Flavor Ever!
- Things I'm Addicted To Lately
- Another Reason Why A Lot Of Americans Are Retarded...
- COD4 Juggernaut Perk Makes Me A n00b?
- 80's Song Of The Day
- Some Upcoming Games That I Will Buy On Day One
- Places That I Miss
- Happy Face Grenades, A Glaive, And A Train Ticket
- Top 10 Songs That Remind Me Of The Summer Of 1984
- Sweep The Leg, Johnny!
- The Hold Steady Rock
- Metallica, Please Retire
- If Only All Of Their Songs Were As Good As This On...
- One Of My Favorite Chris Jericho Moments
- CHiP's, Not The Kind You Eat
- Winter Of The Witch
- Thoughts On The "Games I've Been Gaming" (trl podc...
- My Favorite Team Based Multiplayer Game
- My Most Hated NHL Player Could Become My Favorite
- Sony Dropping The Ball On The 2.40 Update?
- ▼ July (20)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!