Tuesday, July 1, 2008
Sony Dropping The Ball On The 2.40 Update?
I've been curious to see just what this new PS3 update will bring all of us PS3 console users. The one feature that I'm most curious about is voice chat while in games or private voice chat. It's looks like Sony still isn't going to deliver that with this update. Here is an answer to question about voice chat according to Sony's official Playstation Blog..."We are evaluating the opportunity to offer voice chat, but for this update, we wanted to focus on text messaging as the key priority for communications that our users have asked for".
Are you kidding me? I mean seriously? Sony's key priority should have been VOICE CHAT. Texting? Who in the hell owns a PS3 and wants the texting option? What PS3 users asked for text messaging? It sure as hell wasn't me. It sure as hell hasn't been the PS3 users that I see posting on gaming forums. This is laughable. This is ridiculous. I feel sorry for the people that only own a PS3.
OK, well surely you can use the internet browser in game, right? I m ean it would be cool to be able to look up a cheat code or get some help on a walk through if you needed to right there on your PS3 instead of getting off of our lazy asses and getting on our PC's to do so. HaHaHa Yeah, right! Here's Sony's answer to that question...."No, you must exit the game before browsing the internet."
OK then we don't get those features. That kinda sucks. Maybe Sony will come through and let us do cross game invites! Man, that would be great. The Xbox 360 lets me do that. HaHaHa the answer is once again no. Here's the answer to that question as well..."No, cross-game invites are not available in this system software update. We are evaluating opportunities to expand on the new features delivered in 2.40."
Oh BTW the trophy system will be in place, but trophies are NOT retroactive. FUTURE games will use the trophy system.
What this new update will do really isn't worth talking about because the important features that people want won't be included in this update, so who really gives a shit? Way to go Sony! You rule! It's no wonder why Nintendo and Microsoft are kicking your ass in the console war.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- The Best Kool-Aid Flavor Ever!
- Things I'm Addicted To Lately
- Another Reason Why A Lot Of Americans Are Retarded...
- COD4 Juggernaut Perk Makes Me A n00b?
- 80's Song Of The Day
- Some Upcoming Games That I Will Buy On Day One
- Places That I Miss
- Happy Face Grenades, A Glaive, And A Train Ticket
- Top 10 Songs That Remind Me Of The Summer Of 1984
- Sweep The Leg, Johnny!
- The Hold Steady Rock
- Metallica, Please Retire
- If Only All Of Their Songs Were As Good As This On...
- One Of My Favorite Chris Jericho Moments
- CHiP's, Not The Kind You Eat
- Winter Of The Witch
- Thoughts On The "Games I've Been Gaming" (trl podc...
- My Favorite Team Based Multiplayer Game
- My Most Hated NHL Player Could Become My Favorite
- Sony Dropping The Ball On The 2.40 Update?
- ▼ July (20)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!