Monday, July 14, 2008
Metallica, Please Retire
As I sit here and watch my cat eat a moth and watch James Hetfield ramble on on youtube I've decided that watching my cat eat a moth is more entertaining than anything Metallica has released in almost 20 years. The "black album" was the beginning of the end for this band in my eyes and in many "real" metal fans minds. It's easily the most overrated piece of monkey shit I've ever heard. Holy crap on a hot tin roof 'enter sandman' is one of the hokiest songs ever created. After '...And Justice For All" there just isn't a single Metallica album that's worth a squirt of piss. Anyone who can honestly say they thought 'St.Anger' was a good album are either deaf or just plain stupid.
For years and years most of the old school Metallica fans like myself have been scratching their heads and wondering just what in the hell happened to this one great metal band. People who can't stand them now are generally people who once loved their music. It's hard to watch a band you loved fall from greatness. At the same time it was sickening to watch all of the new Metallica fans jump on the 'black album' bandwagon.
For me Metallica died the day they released the 'black album'. There will always be a place in my cd rack for 'Kill 'Em All', 'Ride The Lightning', 'Master Of Puppets', 'Garage Days Re-Revisited', and 'And Justice For All'. Now if Metallica would just realize that they need to pack it in all would be well, and a large percentage of old school metal fans could stop telling them how much they suck now!
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- The Best Kool-Aid Flavor Ever!
- Things I'm Addicted To Lately
- Another Reason Why A Lot Of Americans Are Retarded...
- COD4 Juggernaut Perk Makes Me A n00b?
- 80's Song Of The Day
- Some Upcoming Games That I Will Buy On Day One
- Places That I Miss
- Happy Face Grenades, A Glaive, And A Train Ticket
- Top 10 Songs That Remind Me Of The Summer Of 1984
- Sweep The Leg, Johnny!
- The Hold Steady Rock
- Metallica, Please Retire
- If Only All Of Their Songs Were As Good As This On...
- One Of My Favorite Chris Jericho Moments
- CHiP's, Not The Kind You Eat
- Winter Of The Witch
- Thoughts On The "Games I've Been Gaming" (trl podc...
- My Favorite Team Based Multiplayer Game
- My Most Hated NHL Player Could Become My Favorite
- Sony Dropping The Ball On The 2.40 Update?
- ▼ July (20)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!