Thursday, May 15, 2008
Songs That Have A Vibe Like No Other
There are a ton of songs that just have "it". Songs that are like no other. Songs that just have that special something. It's hard to put a finger on just what I'm talking about. Basically when you hear it you just get chills. I can name several, but I'll give a few examples and then revisit this topic later on.
First up is The Ozark Mountain Daredevils with "Jackie Blue". This song is kind of haunting. Again it's one of those songs like no other. Supposedly it's a song about a person they know who was strung out on drugs. This song brings back memories from when I was just a little kid...probably around when I was only 5 years old. When I was a kid I thought it was a woman singing. It's not.
"The Voice" by The Moody Blues will forever haunt me. I was staying at my Uncle's house when my father was in the hospital battling cancer. I remember being woken up by this song playing in the next room on a clock radio. It was playing really loud. I just remember getting this really strange and terrible feeling that something was wrong. Something was wrong. I found out a while later that my father had passed away.
Jefferson Starship's "Miracles" has a vibe all it's own. This is easily one of the best songs ever created. It's just genius. It has a great melody. It's powerfull. It's just an incredible song. This one also brings me back to when I was very young.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Just Who Is This Jessica Chobot Chick Anyway?
- Hitler Banned From Xbox Live
- Why NPD Numbers Are Crap And Other Thoughts
- One Of THE Hottest Women Of The 80's
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast Rules The World
- Things I Did On Vacation
- Songs That Have A Vibe Like No Other
- In My World
- Julie Brown, You Comedy Genius
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1989
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1988
- Not A Thing Going On
- Charter Communications Sucks
- Top 5 WORST One Hit Wonders Of 1987
- STARS MOVE ON TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS!!!
- Had A Good Experience Today
- Top 10 Gaming Podcasts
- Time Once Again For Random Thoughts
- ▼ May (19)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!