Sunday, May 11, 2008
Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1988
It's been a couple days, but I'm finally posting a new blog entry. It's been a shit weekend as far as my mood goes for various reasons that I'm not about to get into. When I'm in a shitty mood I definitely don't feel like being the least bit creative. With that out of the way...a couple of songs that I kinda forgot about ended up on this list. Thankfully we have have things like Limewire on the net, so that I can go download songs for free. I'll be grabbing a couple of the songs on this list.
1) Midnight Oil - Beds Are Burning (Probably the most obvious choice, but I like it. LETS GIVE IT BAAACK!)
2) Danny Wilson - Mary's Prayer (It's a light tune you would find on an adult contemporary station these days, but it's a song that just stays with me. Mellow, but good.)
3) The Church - Under The Milky Way (I really don't know much about this band, but I'm thinking I should really delve deeper into the other music that they have to offer. Kinda depressing vibe, but I like a good depressing tune that makes you feel like taking a bottle of sleeping pills now and then. Apparently Rick Springfield covered this song on his covers album. It was also part of the Donnie Darko soundtrack)
4) When In Rome - The Promise (This is a song that radio didn't happen to kill when it was a hit, so it sounds kinda fresh. I hear it on the 80's station on XM Radio once in a while.)
5) Giant Steps - Another Lover (Just a goofy simple little pop song with a repetitive chorus. I could listen to this a few times a year, but that's about it. Nothing special really.)
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- Just Who Is This Jessica Chobot Chick Anyway?
- Hitler Banned From Xbox Live
- Why NPD Numbers Are Crap And Other Thoughts
- One Of THE Hottest Women Of The 80's
- Mountain Dew Baja Blast Rules The World
- Things I Did On Vacation
- Songs That Have A Vibe Like No Other
- In My World
- Julie Brown, You Comedy Genius
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1989
- Top 5 One Hit Wonders Of 1988
- Not A Thing Going On
- Charter Communications Sucks
- Top 5 WORST One Hit Wonders Of 1987
- STARS MOVE ON TO THE CONFERENCE FINALS!!!
- Had A Good Experience Today
- Top 10 Gaming Podcasts
- Time Once Again For Random Thoughts
- ▼ May (19)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!