Friday, May 23, 2008

Things I Did On Vacation


My vacation revolved around video games, movies, and hanging out with my 16 year old nephew for five days. It was a good time. I didn't have to spend a ton of cash or even drive a far distance to have fun. Fun was found playing video games, goofing off, and watching movies.

We played the following games...

Mario Strikers Charged on the Wii (Totally fun game. It's basically a super charged soccer game where you can tackle other players on the fiesld and score in various ways. I didn't know what to expect when I rented this, but man was it a blast. I'll pick this up eventually. We also played against some people online and basically got our butts kicked more than I thought we would.)

Mario Kart Wii (Fun game, but irritating online. It seems like you get punished for being in the top four. Players that are behind you get insane power ups that totally wipe you out and put you back really quick. Definitely irritating.)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games for WII (Pretty crappy for the most part. A few events were kinda fun.)

Super Smash Brother Brawl (I own this, but probably not for long. It's just a weak game imo. It got so many great scores. I have no idea why.)

Toejam & Earl (I used to play this back in the day with my wife. All these years later it's on the virtual console for the Wii. It's still fun!)

Super Mario 3 On Virtual Console (Yep, I still love it. It's one of my favorite games ever.)

Super Mario World On Virtual Console (This has to be the most challenging of all of the Super Mario games. Fun, but a pain in the ass at times.)

Wario Ware: Smooth Moves On Wii (My daughter likes this game a lot. Me, not really.)

MLB 08 The Show PS3 (My nephew got a kick out of beaning all of my batters and getting just about every pitcher he had ejected. He's not a big sports game fan. I beat him something like 24-1. He wasn't trying though.)

Wits & Wagers Xbox Live Arcade (Not a bad trivia game. Nothing special though. Not worth 800 points in my opinion.)

Scene It? Lights, Camera, Action for Xbox 360 (Totally unfair advantage over the 16 year old. LOts of older movies that he had never seen.)

Call Of Duty 4 (Fun times even on split screen)

Army Of 2 (I've already played through once and finished it, but decided to start a campaign with my nephew. We both enjoyed it quite a bit. I still say this game gets a bad rap.)

Aegis Wing (Fun and challenging as hell. I still don't think I've gotten a single achievement for this game.)

When we weren't loading our faces with pizza and junk food or playing games we were watching movies...

We went and saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It was good, but not great. The only thing holding it back was all of the over the top ridiculous things that could just never happen. I can deal with a few things during the course of a movie, but there were just so many silly moments. Obviously I can't go into the silly moments because I don't want to spoil anything, so I won't. On a 0-10 scale I give it a 7/10.

Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan (I had already seen this a couple of times, but my nephew hadn't, and I wanted him to see it because I knew he'd crack up. Personally I think it's a laugh riot.)

American History X (Great movie. This was the second time watching it)

Shrooms (This was pretty weak. I had figured out who the killer was pretty quick.)

Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story (Quite a few funny moments. It was better than I expected it to be.)

We also watched a couple of episodes from Planet Earth on Blu-Ray. My nephew said he had learned more from those two episodes than he had learned in school. I told him it was because Planet Earth was edutainment.

I also broke out the first two Pantera videos...Cowboys From Hell and Vulgar Video. Had watched those in a while. Still fun to watch.

My next vacation is the week of July 4th. Don't know what I'm going to do that week, but whatever it is it will be better than going to work!

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews