Monday, September 29, 2008
NHL 09 Be A Pro Mode Rules!
I finally went out and picked up EA's NHL 09 for the Xbox 360. Basically the reason for the delay was the fact that I knew I'd be on vacation, and wouldn't get much time to play it with all of the things I had going on. Last night I decided to start with the Be A Pro mode. I'm so glad I did. This is the single most awesome mode I've ever played in any NHL video game, and I've played them all. You start out by creating a player and giving him whatever name you want. If most people are like me they created themselves. You get to decide everything from height and weight to what brand of stick, skates and helmet you want as well as the type of curve on your stick. I opted for my player to be a center who is a sniper. After you've decided what position your player will be playing it's off to pick the NHL team that you will be trying to play for one day. Obviously I picked the Dallas Stars. Then I was shipped off to the Stars' minor league AHL affiliate where I have a bunch of goals that the organization wants me to achieve such as shots on goal, goals scored, and points. It's definitely a challenge to only control one player vs controlling an entire team of players, but believe me it's an incredibly fun challenge.
Be A Pro mode is great for a number of reasons. Only controlling one player feels rewarding when you actually score a goal or assist on a goal. I also chose to play this mode the "authentic" way which means I contols my player and only my player. When it's time for a line change I actually skate to the bench and take a seat waiting for my health to go back up while play goes on without me. There isn't any time for day dreaming while play is going on either. When the coach calls for your line to get back out on the ice you had better be ready. After you take a shift and sit back down on the bench you'll get comments from the coach which can be both good and bad letting you know just what you're doing right and/or wrong. Be A Pro mode is total NHL player role playing at it's best. In this mode you can even pick your favorite NHL player and guide him through a season.
Just playing this mode alone I highly recommend any sports fan to pick this game up.
Even if you're not a hardcore hockey fan like I am I really think you'll love this game.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- My Jason Statham Obsession
- NHL 09 Be A Pro Mode Rules!
- Vacation Time & Various B.S.
- Adam Sandler Fan & Damn Proud Of It!
- New Game On My Radar, And The Wii Game That Made M...
- Can't Wait For Those October Releases
- 30 Minutes Or It's Free
- My Metal Story (Short Version)
- Controller Throwing
- Mmmmm Pumpkin Ice Cream & Other Crap
- Pure Demo = Pure Fun
- RSV2 Is Killing Me...Repeatedly
- There Are Certain Movies I Can Watch Over And Over...
- September Is Finally Here!
- ▼ September (14)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!