Thursday, September 11, 2008

30 Minutes Or It's Free


Remember back in the day when Domino's Pizza had the 30 minute delivery guarantee? I sure do. In the 80's I loved Domino's. They had great pizza, and they would ALWAYS deliver it in 30 minutes or less. This couldn't have been a small feat. Back in the day there weren't half as many pizza delivery choices as there is now. Every weekend my family would order from Domino's. Every weekend they would deliver our pizza in 30 minutes or less. I know because I timed it every time. Seriously, I did. I wanted that free pizza just so I could tell everyone that Domino's blew it for once. It never was to be though. Why am I bringing this up you might be asking yourself. I'm bringing this up because no matter what pizza chain I call these days it's always a 45 minutes to a 1 hour wait! In this day and age pizza places can't deliver a freakin' pizza in 30 minutes? Domino's sure as hell could back in the glorious 80's!
I'd go into just how much costomer service sucks at pretty much every business here in America, but you probably already know that. Pizza delivery has taken a step backwards, and my stomach isn't happy about it.

Domino's Commercial From 1986

2 comments:

Repro said...

I hated their Pizza. My friend whos family I was living with around 1984, was a driver for Domino's. We got free pizza every night.

Sacrilegium said...

They had to take away that guarantee because the drivers were running people over to make time. Whooops.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews