Monday, September 8, 2008

Controller Throwing


First let me just say that I'm generally NOT into throwing my gaming controlers no matter how frustrated I may get playing games. I know that many gamers have though. Years ago I was a controller thrower, but never to the point of breaking said controller. I doubt if there is anyone out there who hasn't at least thrown a controller down in frustration. Once in a while I'll get pissed off at a game and toss my controller down on the couch. A few years back I used to throw my Sega Genesis controller on the floor, but never broke one before. These days they are just to damned expensive to be breaking them anyway. I'm not about to slam my $50.00 360 controller on the ground.

Back in early 1994 I worked at a car wash with this guy named Mike Langan. We became friends after a while. I would go over to his house and we would play NHL94 on the Genesis. I've always been really damn good at all of the EA hockey games. I would play them religiously every day for months at a time. None of my friends could ever beat me, and the scores would always be lopsided. Mike was a controller thrower. Let me rephrase that. Mike was the master controller destroyer. One day we were playing and I was beating him really bad. I probably had like 12 goals to his 1 or something like that. He was getting sooooo pissed off. He kept throwing his controller on the ground saying things like "THIS IS BULLSHIT!!!" or "STUPID FUCKING CONTROLLER". After a while enough was enough. He stood up and slammed the controller on the ground so hard that the controller exploded and the buttons flew all over his apartment. Can you say anger issues?

If you're reading this I want to know if you are a controller thrower or have ever thrown one out of frustration.


Very Stupid Angry Gamers.

3 comments:

Repro said...

Never threw mine. I get pissed playing online, sometimes. Never to the point of throwing the controller.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Anonymous said...

Hi,

When ever I surf on web I come to this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]You have really contiributed very good info here videogamesandrobstercraws.blogspot.com. I am sure due to busy scedules we really do not get time to care about our health. Are you really serious about your weight?. Recent Research points that nearly 70% of all USA adults are either chubby or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Therefore if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Infact many among us need to lose 10 to 20 lbs once in a while to get sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is really not as tough as you think. If you improve some of your daily diet habbits then, its like piece of cake to quickly lose weight.

About me: I am webmaster of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also health trainer who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for fast weight loss.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews