Monday, October 6, 2008
Top 5 Movies That Actually Scared Me
Most of the movies that scared me were older movies from the 70's and 80's. That makes sense because when I started watching horror movies I was just a kid. I doubt if those movies would scare me as an adult if I had just now watched them. I'm always looking for that movie that will creep me out as an adult, and I've really only seen a couple. Obviously newer horror films don't scare me now, but I have had a couple send chills down my spine.
1)The Exorcist (I have a feeling that this film would make a lot of top five lists. When this was first show on tv it was like 1980 or 81. My mother wouldn't let me watch it. I was only like 8 years old. I remember going to school and hearing kids talk about just how damn scary it was. From that point on I knew it was a movie that I had to see. It wasn't untill four years later that I got to watch it. Holy shit, did it scare the living shit out of me. If my mom had let me watch that when I was 8 I have a feeling I would have been scared for life. This is one film that I would never watch alone in my dark basement even at the age of 36. This is definitely the scariest movie I've ever seen.)
2) The Texas Chainsaw Massacre ( I actually watched this a while after seeing The Exorcist. I was at my cousin's house when I saw it. We were both scared shitless. Never before had I seen such craziness. The things going on in this movie are just so bizarre and terrifying. The thought of people like this existing in some out of the way place is just scary as hell to me.)
3) Amityville Horror (Back in the day people talked about how this house was actually haunted. From everything I've read it was pretty much proven to be bullshit. I still wouldn't stay in that house even on a dare. The look of that house just creeps me out. This is yet another movie that scraed the shit out of me.)
4) Jaws (It's not exactly your typical horror movie, but damn is it scary as hell. To imagine a shark that big that is constantly on the prowl eating people who swim in the Pacific Ocean is just creepy. After seeing Jaws I didn't even want to go in the lake or a pool when I was a kid.)
5) When A Stranger Calls ( The opening scene of this movie is just insanely creepy. Having the killer right inside the house calling you on the phone is just pure horror genius. Have you checked the kids?)
"THE" scene from 'When A Stranger Calls'.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- So Much To Do That My Head Is Spinning
- No Time For Blog Entries Must Play New Games
- Psycho Ward...More Like Romper Room
- Psycho Ward Haunted House
- A Couple Of Things That Creeped Me Out When I was ...
- My Top 5 Stephen King Books
- Top 5 Worst Horror Movie Sequels
- Dead Space
- Top 5 Worst Things To Find In Your Trick Or Treat ...
- Best Survival Horror Game Ever
- Pumpkin Art
- My Top 5 Candy Bars
- Top 5 Movies That Actually Scared Me
- Best Halloween Candy Ever!
- Ghost Hunters
- Trick Or Treat, The Movie, The Soundtrack
- ▼ October (17)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!