Thursday, October 9, 2008
Best Survival Horror Game Ever
I've played just about every Resident Evil game there is. Some are clearly better than others. Part of the scare factor in the earlier RE games was the not so great combat. It was just a pain in the ass to kill the monsters in those earlier games. Factor in something jumping through a window while you're character is walking down a dark hall with creepy music playing and then trying to kill that creature with not so responsive controls. It's a scary ordeal. Later on in the series they finally got it right with Resident Evil 4. I've played a shit ton of games over the years, and this one is still one of my favorite games of all time. I'd say it's easily in my top 5. Hell, it's probably in my top 3. It's that damn good. The contols are spot on, and it's still a creepy game. They did a great job with "zombies" that are trying to kill you as well. One monster in particular always gave me fits. That monster being the bastard with a potato sack over it's head wielding a chainsaw. I can't tell you how many times those bastards lopped off my head. RE4 is just one of those games that I had to keep playing and finish. If you are at all into shooters or horror or both you owe it to yourself to play RE4.
One of my favorite Halloween songs.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- So Much To Do That My Head Is Spinning
- No Time For Blog Entries Must Play New Games
- Psycho Ward...More Like Romper Room
- Psycho Ward Haunted House
- A Couple Of Things That Creeped Me Out When I was ...
- My Top 5 Stephen King Books
- Top 5 Worst Horror Movie Sequels
- Dead Space
- Top 5 Worst Things To Find In Your Trick Or Treat ...
- Best Survival Horror Game Ever
- Pumpkin Art
- My Top 5 Candy Bars
- Top 5 Movies That Actually Scared Me
- Best Halloween Candy Ever!
- Ghost Hunters
- Trick Or Treat, The Movie, The Soundtrack
- ▼ October (17)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!