Sunday, October 5, 2008
If you're not into metal you probably have no idea who King Diamond is. Most 'metalheads' first heard King Diamond when he was the frontman for the band Mercyful Fate. I gotta be honest and say that I didn't find out about King untill somewhere around 1987. For me it started with the album 'Abigail'. I must admit that when my friend first played this album it kinda creeped me out. He had a room in the basement. He put this album on, and turned out the lights right before I was about to crash on the couch. Starting with the creepy intro and right untill the very end I was just slightly creeped out by everything I had heard. I had never heard a voice like this in my life. I knew I wanted to hear more though. It wasn't untill a year later when King's album 'THEM' was released that I would become a fan of his music. It wasn't just the music that I was into, but I had a fascination of the man himself. Just who is this man who wears makeup, worships the devil, and calls himself King Diamond? That's what I wanted to know. I can still remember seeing King host Headbangers Ball. HaHa after seeing that all I could think was what a total goofball this guy is. King Diamond continues to release albums. Most of what he has created really hasn't done all that much for. Pretty much everything after 'THEM' is hit or miss in my opinion, but I'll always have a place in my heart for 'Abigail', and especially 'THEM'.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- So Much To Do That My Head Is Spinning
- No Time For Blog Entries Must Play New Games
- Psycho Ward...More Like Romper Room
- Psycho Ward Haunted House
- A Couple Of Things That Creeped Me Out When I was ...
- My Top 5 Stephen King Books
- Top 5 Worst Horror Movie Sequels
- Dead Space
- Top 5 Worst Things To Find In Your Trick Or Treat ...
- Best Survival Horror Game Ever
- Pumpkin Art
- My Top 5 Candy Bars
- Top 5 Movies That Actually Scared Me
- Best Halloween Candy Ever!
- Ghost Hunters
- Trick Or Treat, The Movie, The Soundtrack
- ▼ October (17)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!