Thursday, October 16, 2008
A Couple Of Things That Creeped Me Out When I was Really Young
I skipped a day of blogging due to a Stars game that I stayed up to watch. Funny yet not so funny story tonight...I record all of the Stars games and watch them when I get home from work. I make my dinner and sit down to watch the Stars game. I grab my remote and try to change the channel. My game was over, but still recording a black out screen. Retarded I know. Anyway my screen freezes up, and then I finally get the channel to change. I then go to my list to find my recorded game. It was nowhere to be seen. I was sooooooooooo pissed off. Obviously something went screwy when the screen froze thus deleting my game. Right away I say fuck it and check out the NHL Network for the scores. Dallas lost tonight 6-1 to the Blues. That deletion saved me 2 1/2 hours of not having to watch my team get their asses kicked. Now on to things that creeped me out when I was really young.
When I was about 5 years old I was staying over at my Grandma and Grandpa's house. My Aunt decided to take me on a walk down the street. A few houses down the road sat this really old man in a chair on the side of the road. This guy for some reason was just really creepy. He stared at us the whole time we were walking towards him. He had this kinda mean expression on his face and his eyes looked like they were void of any type of feeling. I can remember nervously saying hi to the old guy, but he never said a word back to me. It was almost like the guy was a ghost. I'm not saying he was, but there was just something really scary about this guy. Put it this way that happened some 31 years ago, and I still haven't forgotten it. He actually reminds me of that old guy in Poltergeist 2. I'm not even kidding.
Now a couple of really stupid things that scared me when I was right around 4 or 5 years old. Anyone remember the song "Fire" from The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown? Well, I remember hearing that song and seeing him perform it on some television show and it scared the crap out of me. I'll post the video at the end of this blog of that performance.
Last, but not least the most retarded thing that creeped me out was the wicked witch from the Wizard Of Oz. She was probably the first real monster type thing I had ever seen. It was a total mind fuck to see her when I was just 4 years old. Over the years when The Wizard Of Oz would play on television my mom would always tease me about it. HaHa That's just one of the many reasons why my mom scarred me for life.
The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown "Fire" He wore corpse paint before all of those cool black metal cats.
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- So Much To Do That My Head Is Spinning
- No Time For Blog Entries Must Play New Games
- Psycho Ward...More Like Romper Room
- Psycho Ward Haunted House
- A Couple Of Things That Creeped Me Out When I was ...
- My Top 5 Stephen King Books
- Top 5 Worst Horror Movie Sequels
- Dead Space
- Top 5 Worst Things To Find In Your Trick Or Treat ...
- Best Survival Horror Game Ever
- Pumpkin Art
- My Top 5 Candy Bars
- Top 5 Movies That Actually Scared Me
- Best Halloween Candy Ever!
- Ghost Hunters
- Trick Or Treat, The Movie, The Soundtrack
- ▼ October (17)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!