Sunday, October 12, 2008
This survival horror game has been on my radar for a while now. Part of me says buy it. Part of me says wait to buy it. This is the time of year where tons of great triple A games are being released. At 60 bucks a pop gamers wallets are going to take a hit. With Fable 2 coming out next week and Fallout 3 coming out the week after that it's not only about money, but time as well.
After seeing the video review for Dead Space over at IGN.com I'm really wanting to play this. The gore factor looks outrageous. The aliens look incredibly awesome. Combine that with a story that's supposed to be really good and it looks like we've got ourselves a game. It's been a while since I've played a really good survival horror game. The last two I've played were Condemned and Condemned 2. Condemned 2 really just didn't do it for me due to lousy controls. I guess the only downside to this game is that there isn't any co-op or multiplayer modes. This may end up being one of those games where I just wait for it to hit the $40.00 price range in the used section of my local GameStop. At this point I'm undecided, but I'll definitely pick this up at some point. Right now this game is at a disadvantage because of other titles that I want more being released very soon.
Watch The IGN Dead Space Review
Check Out These Links
- ► 2009 (73)
- So Much To Do That My Head Is Spinning
- No Time For Blog Entries Must Play New Games
- Psycho Ward...More Like Romper Room
- Psycho Ward Haunted House
- A Couple Of Things That Creeped Me Out When I was ...
- My Top 5 Stephen King Books
- Top 5 Worst Horror Movie Sequels
- Dead Space
- Top 5 Worst Things To Find In Your Trick Or Treat ...
- Best Survival Horror Game Ever
- Pumpkin Art
- My Top 5 Candy Bars
- Top 5 Movies That Actually Scared Me
- Best Halloween Candy Ever!
- Ghost Hunters
- Trick Or Treat, The Movie, The Soundtrack
- ▼ October (17)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!