Sunday, October 12, 2008

Dead Space


This survival horror game has been on my radar for a while now. Part of me says buy it. Part of me says wait to buy it. This is the time of year where tons of great triple A games are being released. At 60 bucks a pop gamers wallets are going to take a hit. With Fable 2 coming out next week and Fallout 3 coming out the week after that it's not only about money, but time as well.

After seeing the video review for Dead Space over at IGN.com I'm really wanting to play this. The gore factor looks outrageous. The aliens look incredibly awesome. Combine that with a story that's supposed to be really good and it looks like we've got ourselves a game. It's been a while since I've played a really good survival horror game. The last two I've played were Condemned and Condemned 2. Condemned 2 really just didn't do it for me due to lousy controls. I guess the only downside to this game is that there isn't any co-op or multiplayer modes. This may end up being one of those games where I just wait for it to hit the $40.00 price range in the used section of my local GameStop. At this point I'm undecided, but I'll definitely pick this up at some point. Right now this game is at a disadvantage because of other titles that I want more being released very soon.

Watch The IGN Dead Space Review

4 comments:

Repro said...

I will not buy any more games this year!

I so want to pay off my credit card. I get an extra two week check this month. I get paid every two weeks, and this is one of those great 3 checks in a month, period. Most of that check will go to my credit card. It would be nice to have my card paid off before I get my tax return in Feb. :)

My tax return is not big compared to people with kids but $1,000 is average for me, and I can do what I want with the cash. I want a new, better digital camera to take better vids at concerts, but not a camcorder cause you cant always get those in to shows. The rest of the cash might be used to travel someplace for Vacation.

Robert said...

You aren't even going to buy Resistence 2? I know you really liked the first one. From everything I've read the sequel is going to blow the first one away.

Repro said...

Resistence is my favorite non sports game.

I guess I have to amend what I said.

:)

Wingman709 said...

I am hoping to get this from GameFly. I have heard nothing but great things about it.

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews