Sunday, January 18, 2009

Never Was Big Into Rap Music, But...


Back in the 80's and very early 90's there were some rap songs that I was into. I'm big into Metal and 80's pop music, but here and there I do like some old school rap tunes.

Back in the day I was really impressed with some of the music that RUN DMC was creating. Sure it was rap music, but it also had some killer rockin' beats and heavy guitar. I've bought very few rap albums in my life and "Raising Hell" and "King Of Rock" were two of those albums. I currently own "King Of Rock" and "Ultimate RUN DMC" on cd. Songs like "Rock Box", "King Of Rock", and "Raising Hell" are all classics in my opinion.

I also think that the Beastie Boys "Licensed To Ill" album is a really solid album. The songs are catchy as hell, and way back when everyone I knew was playing this on cassette. I'm sure most people would say it sounds dated now, and it really does, but there are still a few songs I can listen to now that are on this album.

Another favorite of mine is 2 Live Crew. I was digging these cats before they were "banned in America". When you're 14 years old songs like "We Want Some Pussy", and "Do Wah Diddy", are comedy gold. Their lyrics were over the top perversion, and damn it I liked that about 2 Live Crew.

A few other rap songs that I dig are as follows...

Tone Loc - Wild Thing
Young MC - Bust A Move
Wrexx N Effect - Rump Shaker
Naughty By Nature - O.P.P.
Positive K - I Got A Man

There may be a few more, but you get the idea. Some of the old stuff is good to my ears. I was never big into rap, but there were a few songs that made me take notice.

This one cracks me up. It's 2 Live Crew's "Hoochie Mama"

6 comments:

Repro said...

Some of those you listed made me sick when I was forced to hear them. Bust A Move? That shit made me hurl golf balls.

Robert said...

LOL I knew you would post something like that. Hey, at least you didn't call me a FAGGOT!

Repro said...

It's full on FAGGOTREE at it's finest!

Robert said...

Gulity as charged. I'm a FAGGOT!

BTW I saw Gran Torismo last night. It ruled!

Repro said...

Cool. Eastwood is so funny. YOU MUST SEE MY BLOODY VALENTINE IN 3D.

I'M TELLING YOU, IF YOU EVER GO TO SEE A MOVIE AGAIN, AT THE THEATER, YOU MUST GO SEE THIS AND MAKE SURE IT'S IN 3D CAUSE SOME PLACES ARE SHOWING IT IN REGULAR 2D.

I WILL BE SEEING THIS AGAIN AT THE THEATER. YOU CAN'T WATCH THIS AT HOME IN 3D, GO SEE IT, OR CONTINUE TO THE FAGGOT SIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sacrilegium said...

GETO BOYZ own joo!

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews