Wednesday, March 25, 2009
It's Worth A Rental
I just read a couple of game reviews for some new releases this week when something dawned on me. Are there any games being made that are worth a buy? It seems like all I see in game reviews anymore is "it's worth a rental". I'm not arguing that most games are only worth a rental. I haven't bought a new game since November of 2008. I buy a lot of games too...or at least I was buying a lot of games untill I realized that most new releases are only worth a rental. I found that I was buying a game for 60 bucks only to finish it in 8-12 hours. If the game has multiplayer that's good then the game has more value, but a lot of the games I was buying where multiplayer was in the game the multiplayer modes just felt tacked on. Publishers are scrambling to try and somehow stop people from selling their games after they finish them so that Gamestop can't make millions off of used game sales. My answer to the game publishers and developers is to make good games that aren't just worth a rental.
Check Out These Links
- It's Worth A Rental
- I REALLY NEED A WORTHY GAME TO PLAY
- Transporter 3, Say Anything, Role Models...Oh & Pe...
- Three Arcade Choices & MJ Sells All Of His Arcade ...
- Playboy Should Be Renamed Playboring
- Achievement Points: I Think I'm Finally Over Them
- One Of The Worst Games I've Ever Played, And The T...
- Street Fighter IV, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, & A G...
- What The Hell Is Wrong With Me Lately?
- The Girl Next Door
- ▼ March (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!