Monday, March 23, 2009
Transporter 3, Say Anything, Role Models...Oh & Peggle Too
Netflix sent me Transporter 3 in the mail. I've had it for a bit, but I was waiting for my nephew to come over to watch it with me because we're both big fans of Statham's movies. It pains me to say that Transporter 3 was not good. There wasn't enough action, and there was romance. Romance!? Ugh! His love interest played by Natalya Rudakova just wasn't convincing. I'm not into redheads either. She did kinda float my boat even though she's really not all that attractive. I can't even begin to explain why I found here attractive because the woman has freckles all over her face. Very strange that I'd even find her a bit attractive. Anyway to get back on track I just couldn't deal with romantic bullshit that was included in this movie. They didn't even pull off the whole romance angle either. It felt forced and unnecessary. A couple of the fight scenes were ok, but nothing special. There was one over the top car stunt scene that was kinda cool, but unblievable. I expect that though. This movie was a dud. Here's hoping the sequel to Crank delivers the way I want it to. 5/10
I finally got around to watching Say Anything with John Cusack. I've only ever seen small bits and pieces of this movie. Shame on me for not seeing it untill now being the 80's pop culture junkie that I am. It wasn't bad. It's a chick flick, so of course I wasn't blown away by it. Cusack is usually good in every movie he's in. This is no exception. 7/10
Role Models was pretty much everything I expected it to be. It was a juvenile comedy with a few cheap laughs here and there. Nothing special, and nothing I haven't seen before. The little black kid Bobb'e J. Thompson stole quite a few scenes. I also love how they threw KISS into the mix as well. 6.5/10
I really haven't been playing a lot of games lately. As I've said I'm kinda burned out on games. I did end up buying Peggle on Xbox Live Arcade. It's a casual puzzle game, but man is it addictive. I've already spent somewhere around 9 hours playing it. The short description of the game is Plinko from the Price Is Right, but it's so much more than that. It's really hard to describe. You have to play it to understand it. but once you do you'll be hooked. Peggle will also be released on the PS3 eventually.
Check Out These Links
- It's Worth A Rental
- I REALLY NEED A WORTHY GAME TO PLAY
- Transporter 3, Say Anything, Role Models...Oh & Pe...
- Three Arcade Choices & MJ Sells All Of His Arcade ...
- Playboy Should Be Renamed Playboring
- Achievement Points: I Think I'm Finally Over Them
- One Of The Worst Games I've Ever Played, And The T...
- Street Fighter IV, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, & A G...
- What The Hell Is Wrong With Me Lately?
- The Girl Next Door
- ▼ March (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!