Sunday, March 8, 2009

Street Fighter IV, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, & A Great Fleetwood Mac Song


Picked up my nephew this weekend, so we could hang out and play some video games. I ended up renting Street Fighter IV for the Xbox 360 and Motorstorm: Pacific Rift for the PS3. It had been a long time since I spent some time playing games on the PS3, so I was kinda happy that I finally found a use for it other than using it for a dvd/blu-ray player.

I still own Super Street Fighter 2 on the Sega Genesis. I actually broke that out last summer and played for about an hour. I've never really been good at any fighting games. I can generally beat whoever comes over to play me, but that's not saying much. I play people who don't usually play video games. My nephew gave me a run for my money by kicking my ass repeatedly with Zangief in Street Fighter IV...untill I discovered how awesome M.Bison is. I ended up beating him 12 straight with Bison no matter who he picked. Of course he destroyed me using Zangief with every other character I picked. SF4 is basically just a better looking SF2. It's fun playing with another person on the same couch, but I can't see playing it alone or even online against other people. I probably won't even play it again before taking it back to the rental store. It's a really good game. I'm just not very good at fighting games.

Motorstorm: Pacific Rift was a really fun experience playing two player local splitscreen. The graphics are some of the best I've seen if not the best I've seen for a racing game on a console. Not once did I notice any frame rate issues. The tracks were all really elborate and really fun to race on. There was also a decent amount of vehicles and types of vehicles to choose from. This is yet another game I wouldn't buy, but it's definitely worth a rent.

Now for my pick for what is probably the best Fleetwood Mac song that most people have probably never heard. The song is entitled "Hypnotized". I think in all the years I've been listening to the radio I may have heard it two or possibly three times. Of course FM radio likes to play all of the Fleetwood Mac songs that everyone is sick of hearing. "Hypnotized" has this awesome vibe that is like no other Fleetwood Mac tune. It's from the 1973 album entitled "Mystery To Me". I have no idea if the rest of the album is any good, but "Hypnotized" rules. Check out the youtube video below for the song.

No comments:

Games I'm Playing:

Halo 3: ODST (Xbox 360)







About Me

My photo
Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!

Total Pageviews