Tuesday, March 3, 2009
The Girl Next Door
Talk about a disturbing film. Movies like this don't generally freak me out, but for some reason this one turned my stomach in a knot. I think the main reason was because the girl being tortured was only 16 years old, and far from deserving the treatment she received. Not that anyone deserves that treatment. This was based on the murder and torture of Sylvia Likens by Indianapolis housewife Gertrude Baniszewski. There were some events that were changed here and there which is why I'd like to see the other movie An American Crime which is also based on the same story though I hear An American Crime is nowhere as brutal as The Girl Next Door. The things that happened to this poor girl are sad and sickening. It's hard for me to believe that we live in a world where people would do such things to an innocent girl. I think someone over at IMDB.com said it best when they posted "a great movie that I'll never watch again".
Stephen King Quote after seeing this film: "The first authentically shocking American film I've seen since Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer over 20 years ago. If you are easily disturbed, you should not watch this movie. If, on the other hand, you are prepared for a long look into hell, suburban style, The Girl Next Door will not disappoint. This is the dark-side-of-the-moon version of Stand By Me."
On the disturbance scale it deserves a 10/10
Overall I'd rate it a 9/10
Check Out These Links
- It's Worth A Rental
- I REALLY NEED A WORTHY GAME TO PLAY
- Transporter 3, Say Anything, Role Models...Oh & Pe...
- Three Arcade Choices & MJ Sells All Of His Arcade ...
- Playboy Should Be Renamed Playboring
- Achievement Points: I Think I'm Finally Over Them
- One Of The Worst Games I've Ever Played, And The T...
- Street Fighter IV, Motorstorm: Pacific Rift, & A G...
- What The Hell Is Wrong With Me Lately?
- The Girl Next Door
- ▼ March (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!