Friday, February 27, 2009
Classic Album Of The Week
Slayer's South Of Heaven was actually the first Slayer album that I heard in it's entirety. I remember thinking how trippy that last long note at the end of South Of Heaven was. I still listen to this album a few times a year. It never seems old or dated to me. They obviously slowed down a bit after Reign In Blood, but it's still a really heavy album. Not that playing super fast equals heavy because it doesn't.
South Of Heaven is one of the greatest title tracks in the history of Metal. I love that erie beginning riff and that classic line "Before You See The Light You Must DIIIIIIIIIIIIE!"
Dave Lombardo was the man back in the day. Sometimes when I listen to South Of Heaven I concentrate on just the drums. Dave had so many awesome drum fills on this album.
Standout songs: South Of Heaven, Behind The Crooked Cross, Mandatory Suicide, Spill The Blood.
Most underrated song: Read Between The Lies
Shortly after hearing this album I became obsessed with a little song called Angel Of Death off of Reign In Blood. I played that song over and over before listening to the whole album. Once upon a time Slayer was a great Thrash Metal band playing some really creative music. In my opinion their last good album was Divine Intervention. Since then I haven't heard anything worth a shit.
Check Out These Links
- Classic Album Of The Week
- Top 5 Peeves
- Great Idea For A Judas Priest Advil Commercial
- Did You See That Penis?
- What's Been Going On...
- Rat Skates: Born In The Basement
- F.E.A.R.2 Impressions, & Iron Maiden Is Owning Me ...
- Cause Of Death Reigns Supreme As My Second Classic...
- My First Classic Album Pick
- What I've Been Playing & Future Blog Ideas
- ▼ February (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!