Monday, February 2, 2009
What I've Been Playing & Future Blog Ideas
Not much going on in my brain lately to be creative enough to post anything worth a crap on this blog or over on This Xbox Life. I'll just post some thoghts on games I've been playing.
First up is STAR WARS THE FORCE UNLEASHED. Man, it's fun to play as Darth Vader's evil apprentice! Using the force to pick up harmless little Jawa's and smash them into walls has got to be one of the funniest video game moments I've ever encountered. Electrifying countless Stormtroopers and doing various other harmful things to enemies is so satisfying. I really don't have much that's negative to say about this game so far. It's fun.
Prince Of Persia is a beautiful game. There have been some frustrating sections mostly due to the controls at times when controling the prince matters the most. The good thing about this game is that you can't die. It also happens to be the bad thing about this game. There are no consequences. Before I try wall walking and jumping to the next section I'm never stressed because I know I can't die. I do know exactly why you can't die though. You fall a lot. You will fall many many many many times. If you died every time you fell nobody would ever want to play past the first fertile land. Right now I'm renting this. I'm in no hurry to get back to it. As Axl Rose would say "All we need is just a little patience". I just don't have the patience for this game most of the time. It's a fun game, but I can only play it in one hour chunks before I start to go mad. I'll buy this when I find it for around 20 bucks.
I also played Viva Pinata Party Animals just for achievement points. UGH! This game is mind numbing. It's so boring. I played it with my wife. She said she was offended by the fact that I chose to play this simple minded game with her. In my defense she's not good at games, so I figured she could handle this one. The fact that I beat her every time we played this should tell you something about how bad she is at games.
I also have Eternal Sonata on standby. I'll probably dig into that RPG world when I finish Star Wars.
While listening to a certain cd the other day I decided that I'll spend some time blogging about albums that I think are classic picking a different album and commenting on it here. Most will be Metal/hard rock albums that I just don't think I would want to live without. Basically albums that I worship. Look for that soon. I plan on getting back into the swing of blogging a hell of a lot more often.
Check Out These Links
- Classic Album Of The Week
- Top 5 Peeves
- Great Idea For A Judas Priest Advil Commercial
- Did You See That Penis?
- What's Been Going On...
- Rat Skates: Born In The Basement
- F.E.A.R.2 Impressions, & Iron Maiden Is Owning Me ...
- Cause Of Death Reigns Supreme As My Second Classic...
- My First Classic Album Pick
- What I've Been Playing & Future Blog Ideas
- ▼ February (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!