Saturday, February 14, 2009
F.E.A.R.2 Impressions, & Iron Maiden Is Owning Me Lately
Gamefly shipped F.E.A.R.2 Project Origin to my homestead yesterday. I've been waiting for a true sequel to the FEAR franchise since I finished the first FEAR game. It was worth the wait. Why FEAR Files was even released is beyond my comprehension, but this sequel makes up for that borefest of a video game. Though I do plan to go back to FEAR Files one day.
The two or so hours that I spent with FEAR 2 was definitely a fun time. I really don't have many complaints about it so far. The one thing that really stands out is how easy it is on normal mode. I'm a seasoned veteran with shooters, but I'm not incredible. This game is a breeze on normal difficulty. In two hours of gameplay I haven't died once. I only came close to dying once. The first FEAR was nothing like this in terms of difficulty on normal mode. I found the first FEAR rather challenging. The first FEAR also had a very tactical feel to it where the sequel seems more run and gun. Not that you can really run in tight corridors, but it feels that way. Of course you can also slow down time just like in the first FEAR game, but in my opinion you actually needed to slow down time in a lot of sections just to save yourself from getting killed over and over. This time around slowing down time just looks cool when you shoot an enemy in the face because you get to watch the blood fly in slow motion. Oh, by the way if you love blood you'll definitely enjoy this game. I feel like I should have started playing on the hard difficulty, but with two hours in I'm not starting over. I truly hope the difficulty ramps up as I go through the game, but I'm not really counting on it. Oh, and one more thing. I actually did find myself freaked out a couple of times. I won't spoil that by telling you why though. Based on two hours of play I would definitely recommend renting FEAR 2.
Every so often I go through a period of time where I can't get enough of a certain band. I've been a huge Iron Maiden fan since 1984's POWERSLAVE album was released. Lately I just can't get enough Maiden. Throw a couple of Bruce's solo albums in the mix for good measure as well. This band is easily one of the best bands in the history of music. Yeah, that's right I said it. The history of recorded music. Maiden is just so damn good at what they do.
Check Out These Links
- Classic Album Of The Week
- Top 5 Peeves
- Great Idea For A Judas Priest Advil Commercial
- Did You See That Penis?
- What's Been Going On...
- Rat Skates: Born In The Basement
- F.E.A.R.2 Impressions, & Iron Maiden Is Owning Me ...
- Cause Of Death Reigns Supreme As My Second Classic...
- My First Classic Album Pick
- What I've Been Playing & Future Blog Ideas
- ▼ February (10)
- Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
- I'm 38. I'm addicted to Xbox 360 gaming and Dallas Stars hockey. I make a decent living at a boring job where I run two autoclaves and do various other tasks. My escape from this boring as hell life is video games, hockey, and music. I generally listen to Metal music, but I also love 80's tunes as well as 70's tunes. I have an unusual love for the band Overkill. They do it for me for some reason. Blitz is GOD!